Another one of those Help me with My AC unit threads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barsoom

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My AC unit is blowing hot air. I suspected the unit had froze up. Instead I find that the smaller of the two copper pipes is so HOT I nearly burn myself. The other larger copper tube is luke warm.....

Anyone have a suggestion? Of course its the weekend and its 100 degrees outside...

booger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like the units condenser coil is dirty. That's the outside coil. That has to be free of dirt and cottonwood buildup for air to be passed through it by the outdoor fan motor.

eaglerjs

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sounds like you need to clean your condenser coil. (outside coil) It is like the radiator on your car, it is where you expell the heat from inside the house. The cleaner the coil is the less electric you use. The air exiting out the top should be 10 - 25 degrees warmer than the entering air temp. If the air is hotter than that, you are not getting enough air through the coil. call me @ 918 850 2665 I will be up untill 11pm Joe

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its very rarely low refrigerant, but it could be .
Is your outside fan running? This kind of heat capacitors are going out
Is your compressor ..trying to start, or is it running?
Is it a heat pump?
The larger line should be cold, the smaller will be warm...its taking the heat out of your house

Barsoom

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks all of you. Its to late tonight to check on the outside fan...thanks eaglerjs for the offer of phone assistance... I was gone to walmart to get a window unit...( which btw not a single walmart employee knew where the stack of window units that were there last week was moved to)

Latest posts

Top Bottom