AR Inspection and QC Checks (SOTR)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty cool videos, hadn't seen these before.
The guy sure has some extensive tools and test procedures that I've not used. How do they let a barrel go with no rifling? Crazy.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty cool videos, hadn't seen these before.
The guy sure has some extensive tools and test procedures that I've not used. How do they let a barrel go with no rifling? Crazy.
Many years ago springfield armory offered new production m1 garands national match. I ordered one in for a guy and it came in and they never cut the chamber but they sent a nice cloverleaf target. Needless to say they fixed it real quick.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I assume you might catch this (no rifling) when you do your initial clean prior to first firing and the cleaning rod doesn't spin, but wow. I've never seen one like that.

Other than some serious accuracy issues, any danger to the shooter with no rifling in a modern smokeless firearm?

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I assume you might catch this (no rifling) when you do your initial clean prior to first firing and the cleaning rod doesn't spin, but wow. I've never seen one like that.

Other than some serious accuracy issues, any danger to the shooter with no rifling in a modern smokeless firearm?
Well, if it’s a 16” barrel you can count your dogs and kids good as shot, because you now have a short barreled shotgun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom