Beer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reedman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never had the time to start, but I do have an unused Northern Brewer Deluxe Home-brew Starter Set, a Mega Pot, a few other optional tools that didn't come in the kit, resealable brown bottles, and some good Irish Red Ale ingredients. If you're interested, send me a pm, and I'll see what else I have and give you a good price. I started reloading instead of brewing...

Thomas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You just need a big pot to make your wort and a bucket with a good lid to let it ferment. It's incredibly easy.

We put our first few batches into water bottles and 2 liters until we committed to real glass.

Like shooting, it is a hobby that can get out of hand quickly and spectacularly.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back when Oklahoma had prohibition from alcohol, my dad brewed beer in a 15 gallon crock. Spring water, blue ribbon malt, bread yeast, sugar and watch the hydrometer.
Basic homebrew but it was pretty good. Bottled in Mr Cola bottles. regular beer bottles couldn't take the pressure and would blow up at times down in the heated basement.
Neighbor took some to Annapolis Naval Academy where he was a student at the time. Tested 12% alcohol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom