best travel coffee cup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never said "complete vacuum". I said they are sealed under vacuum, which they are, and if you puncture one (that is still under vacuum), you'll hear it taking in air to equalize the pressure. What about the thermal dynamics do you want to discuss?
Tell me genius, how much vacuum would it take to collapse a mug made of, oh maybe 29 GA. SS? LMFAO.
I have played with this many times, pulled vacuums on vessels just to watch them implode. Try a propane tank some day, pull 29-30" of vacuum on one and hit it with a 30-06. Tannerite is cheaper but my way is much more fun.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Hydro Flask, which is what I ordered, has an "at-home test" for the vacuum. If the vacuum is gone, it'll fail the test, and you'll get a new one.
http://www.hydroflask.com/warranty/
Your using the word vacuum like an on/off switch which is stupid. A "vacuum" is either complete or not at all. Then there are many varying degrees of partial vacuums. Vacuum seal some meat, your getting somewhere slightly (immeasurable)less than normal atmospheric pressure. That's no vacuum
Or something like that, the Jameson is hinding my ability to comprehend your stupid.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're not dealing with vacuum strong enough to implode the canister...that would be quite counter-productive to the intended use of the product. We're talking about enough vacuum to provide some extra insulation. Are you arguing that it isn't possible, or just want to keep sucking?

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your using the word vacuum like an on/off switch which is stupid. A "vacuum" is either complete or not at all. Then there are many varying degrees of partial vacuums. Vacuum seal some meat, your getting somewhere slightly (immeasurable)less than normal atmospheric pressure. That's no vacuum
Or something like that, the Jameson is hinding my ability to comprehend your stupid.

I'm thinking you are the one who is confused about vacuum. The definition of vacuum is a space devoid of matter from Webster dictionary, but is also defined by having a pressure less than atmospheric. There are varying degrees within 1atm and a "perfect vacuum". Vacuum is not a binary yes/no or 1/0 function. If it was we would not have measures from 0-~30 inches of mercury for describing them.

Here is some reference material for you.
http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/vacuum-d_837.html

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking you are the one who is confused about vacuum. The definition of vacuum is a space devoid of matter from Webster dictionary, but is also defined by having a pressure less than atmospheric. There are varying degrees within 1atm and a "perfect vacuum". Vacuum is not a binary yes/no or 1/0 function. If it was we would not have measures from 0-~30 inches of mercury for describing them.

Here is some reference material for you.
http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/vacuum-d_837.html
You basically said what I was trying to say only you said it better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom