Big dog suprise!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The great thing about the internet is the ability to show a myriad of people how truly ignorant you are. No longer do you have to wait until you meet someone for them to laugh at you and shake their heads in wonder....

New sig line material.

The big difference between a pit bull type dog attack and most other dog attacks is that pits do not let go. They typically bite and shake their prey and hold on with their powerful jaws. This is what they were bred to do and what makes their bites so much more damaging than bites from most other breeds.

dyabolical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This little event has caused quite a problem for my family. I have a solid white boxer male and a brindle female, and due to the general ignorance of the Vinita population, i have had to lock both dogs up. People are too quick to judge a short muzzle and muscular body as a pit bull, especially since my male is white like Big Boy. I have been told by a few locals to keep a close eye on him, for fear of some idiot trying to hurt him because of mistaken identity.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
99% of people who make knee jerk reactions, should not own guns.

Strange you should consider this a knee jerk reaction, when kids have been getting ripped up for as long as I can remember.

Many here have excused the dogs and decided that the problem is the owners. I won't argue that. So, you're saying we should do what to the owners?

I have an idea. Let's all cluck a little and wait for the next kid to get shredded.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This topic again. I still say the cure for it is charge the owner with a similar crime as what the animal commits; that should appease both sides, since those that think it's the "owner, not the dog" will get to put up or shut up if their particular dog happens to attack someone and they get charged with attempted murder (or worse). Now we'll let the owners slide with the lewd molestation charges if their dog commits any leg humping - but any violent attack and they're on the hook. I'd be good with that.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Strange you should consider this a knee jerk reaction, when kids have been getting ripped up for as long as I can remember.

Many here have excused the dogs and decided that the problem is the owners. I won't argue that. So, you're saying we should do what to the owners?

I have an idea. Let's all cluck a little and wait for the next kid to get shredded.
x10000000000000000

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up around several law enforcement K9's and have a good friend that breeds them. He raises Belgium Malinois (sp) and they are some mean suckers. The only dog that bit me growing up was a German Shepard. It nearly took my cheek off in one swoop. Thank goodness it was pinned by its owner before it made any more progress.

Police K9's are almost always leashed and it is for one reason. They are loose canons that were "trained" to be that way. Unfortunately the Pit breed is also trained in most cases to act the same way. I own 2 of them and have zero worries about them. They are like little teddy bears. Both are only about 30 pounds apiece.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My roommate was a teddy bear and his pitbull is raised the same way. Dogs are apart of the family and they take on the attitude of the family for bad or for worse. People who want a dog that can deter criminals are not going to get a cocker spaniel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom