Blooded the Triple Duece

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went out to fill my deer feeder tonight and thought I would walk around and scout a bit. It was real windy and I was in tall grass. I took a .222 Remington Mohawk I bought last year and had never shot other than at paper. Walked up to about 10 yards of this adult male as he was just hunting along in the tall grass. He never even looked up and saw me. DRT. Maybe he was deaf as it seemed like I was making lots of noise walking and had driven up to within 150 yrds of where I shot him and answered a phone call standing outside the truck. He was upwind of all that and with the wind blowing hard, maybe never heard me. I love to shoot coyotes.

ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn__MediaCard_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00064.jpg

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes you just catch them with their pants down. Rare, but it happens. Shot an adult female last deer season with my R-25. Was walking back to my truck after the morning hunt, making all the noise in the world. Looked up ahead, and about 50 yards in front of me was this yote, just sitting there sunning. She must have been half asleep or something, after I was done she was permanently asleep.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
do you know what the barrel twist rate is on your 222? what laod are you using? i have one too and i am trying to come up with a good load. thx

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
do you know what the barrel twist rate is on your 222? what laod are you using? i have one too and i am trying to come up with a good load. thx

According to what I have found on the internet it has a 1 in 14 twist which should do better with lighter bullets. When I bought it,the shop had several boxes of factory Remington ammo for $14 a box and I bought 5 boxes. I am still shooting those, which are a soft point. I bought some brass and dies from a guy on here several months ago but have not started loading for it yet. It is on my winter list.

Latest posts

Top Bottom