Controlled hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ll be your first volunteer to help drag it out if you do.
If you have time to make the hunt because of all the cut fences and stray cows overrunning your place the day before the hunt. 😜😂
Go cut them fences dennis, then we can all go down to his place and hunt those North American slow elk. 👍
Heck, now that I have cages around my cameras, I don’t even care about the cows.🤣 The place just east of mine has been in the wetlands program for close to 20 years, and due to being taken over by Johnson grass got a waiver from the NRCS to graze cattle for 6 months or mow. Due to lack of fences between our places, I offered to partner with them and allow grazing on my place too if they found someone who wanted to supply the cattle, but they couldn’t find anyone who wanted to upgrade their fence and deal with the river. They decided to mow instead. :anyone:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heck, now that I have cages around my cameras, I don’t even care about the cows.🤣 The place just east of mine has been in the wetlands program for close to 20 years, and due to being taken over by Johnson grass got a waiver from the NRCS to graze cattle for 6 months or mow. Due to lack of fences between our places, I offered to partner with them and allow grazing on my place too if they found someone who wanted to supply the cattle, but they couldn’t find anyone who wanted to upgrade their fence and deal with the river. They decided to mow instead. :anyone:
Getting rid of that Johnson grass is a royal pita.
Our Salt Fork place has a tendency to flood every few years. I’ve just about given up fighting it. Herbicides and intensive tillage will eliminate it but the floods bring it back.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, I’d love the opportunity to get a moose.
I hear they are better than elk which is better tasting than beef imho.
I got a cousin up in NH, so long as he lives up there I’ll apply for the lottery. It’s only $25 for non resident, no need for a hunting lic till after you get drawn, which is cool.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a cousin up in NH, so long as he lives up there I’ll apply for the lottery. It’s only $25 for non resident, no need for a hunting lic till after you get drawn, which is cool.
Awesome country up there. I had to attend a 2 week school up there in the 90’s in Springfield Vermont, across the river from New Hampshire.
Middle weekend got to drive the rental car around there and up into Maine.
That could be a tough recovery if getting a moose. Rugged country.

Latest posts

Top Bottom