Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s just me and Linda so when I cook a big batch of chili I leave the beans out and bag it in quart/gallon freezer bags. We like chili with spaghetti noodles and that’s just gross with beans but I’ll add the beans after with cornbread or I like flour tortillas too.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife likes to put cornbread in her chili. I want crackers for the chili and a good bit of butter on the cornbread at the side.
Thing is I make the best cornbread I ever ate. Grandma's recipe and I could eat it with about anything. But I refraine because it goes to my belt line.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody else out grilling this evening?!? :freezing:
IMG_0331.jpeg

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Putting a rack of ribs in the electric smoker. Smok-it 2 is pretty well insulated but at these temps (currently 8 at almost noon,) it might be a little short of the 225-250 I usually like to do them. I plan to give them smoke in it for 2-3 hours then bring in to finish in the kitchen oven. Not my preference, but the temps outside are not my preference either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom