Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a large salmon fillet I want to bake but I've never done it before. Does anyone have a recipe and cook time and temp to share?
I could also do it on the pellet smoker, in the past I've used lemon pepper on top of a butter rub but my girl doesnt like lemon.

I like melted butter, black pepper, and dill on my salmon.

A splash of lime juice and a light dusting of chili powder is also very good.

Good luck!

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmmmm, then you could either smoke it on a rack as suggested or try this. Tightly line a cast iron skillet with non-stick foil. Set your oven to 350°. On the range top over medium-heat melt a tablespoon or two of butter (depends on the size of the fillet) in the skillet. Wash the fish, pat dry with paper towel and sprinkle with some dill on both sides. When butter is melted and pan up to temp place the fillet in and brown on one side. Once browned flip over the fillet, squirt a bit of lemon juice over the top and place in oven to finish it off, should take around 15 minutes again depending on the thickness of the fillet. I always buy skin on fillets when baking but this might work alright.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I bake a 9” Pecan Pie I tend to eat a 9” Pecan Pie so I ordered a little 6” pie pan which is about 1/3 the size. Just enough for the Mrs and myself to have a piece and it’s gone. Monkeying around with the ratios of my recipe so I’ll see how it went after dinner tonight which is a smoked Rib Steak for me and a Fillet for Linda, baked taters and grilled asparagus along with some home baked French bread with my own personal cheese spread. Good Lord. 😜
1706552659160.jpeg

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a decision to make boys and girls. Tomorrow I’ll be cooking this prime rib and have to choose……roast or smoke? Bet I’ve roasted 40-50 of them over the years and they’ve always come out great but then I keep wondering how it would turn out spending the day in the smoker. Have any of ya’ll ever smoked a prime rib and if so would you do it again? 😬

1706913748409.jpeg

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a decision to make boys and girls. Tomorrow I’ll be cooking this prime rib and have to choose……roast or smoke? Bet I’ve roasted 40-50 of them over the years and they’ve always come out great but then I keep wondering how it would turn out spending the day in the smoker. Have any of ya’ll ever smoked a prime rib and if so would you do it again? 😬

View attachment 450337
Smoke it, but definately not all day. I like medium rare so I'd pull it at no more than 130* internal temp.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished what’s come to be my favorite meal and easiest to prepare…smoked chicken quarters. My wife fixed steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes as sides.:thumb:
View attachment 450607
chicken quarters are my favorite to smoke and probably my favorite smoked meat these days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom