Deer Season 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't you just love that warm fuzzy feeling of having someone look at you with their rifle scope, lol. Just happaned, 4 teens, 3 boys 1 girl, walking around the field over 325 yards away. They didn't see me at first but looked like they were scanning the field I'm hunting. Guess they spotted my blind and decide to take a better look with their scope. I was watching them with my binoculars. Waved my hat out the blind and then they went on the other direction. Was going to blaze over to another spot, but kinda late for that, guess I'll stick it out here.

Very few things in life get my blood boiling. As I have grown older, I have been much much better at letting things go. But, being scoped by anyone is enough to send me of the deep end. When I was a young man I watched my 45 yr old uncle walk over and go to blows over that. I'd never go that far but yes, I know what you mean!

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seeing tons of does and small bucks. I'll try to punch my other doe tag tomorrow. Yet another year will pass when I don't shoot a buck during rifle season most likely. At least the weather looks to cooperate for some late archery hunts to try and fill a buck tag.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We're hoping that once gun passes we can fill some tags, but we're not giving up on rifle just yet. Just frustrated. We tweaked a few things today rather than hunting. For some reason this year our traffic patterns appear to have changed drastically in a matter of about a week. We're wondering if we have a poacher or a neighbor that is bumping our residents.

Just not sure, but we're not doing well at all.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Traffic has dropped off where I'm at too. Was seeing deer almost daily, but the last week or so it is a coin toss. They are still showing up on the camera, but nothing has come by each time I get out there.

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well I let the air out of one today using the Horton Crossbow i got from Natchez.Was'nt expecting to see anything it was so hot this evening but went any way.First got to stand the wind was blowing pretty good.Late evening it got scary still.About 5:30 he came walking in and went striaght to the corn and started eating little did he know i was sitting in chair on ground tuck in a cedar tree.It was so quite i could he him walking through milo stalks at 50 yards.He came in at 30 yards facing me eating corn.While waiting for him to get broadside I was sure he was going to hear me breathing as it was sounding pretty loud.He finelly got broadside and the rest is histroy.I had never got pics of him before.Not a great pic phone using head lights from truck pic was taken where I found him.About 70 yards from where I hit him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom