Deer Season 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome crossbow kill. My 8 year old daughter and I are out fighting the wind right now. Hoping the wind lays as this north front draws near.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We're hoping that once gun passes we can fill some tags, but we're not giving up on rifle just yet. Just frustrated. We tweaked a few things today rather than hunting. For some reason this year our traffic patterns appear to have changed drastically in a matter of about a week. We're wondering if we have a poacher or a neighbor that is bumping our residents.

Just not sure, but we're not doing well at all.

We have seen the samething on our place. It started a week before gun season and we have hunted our butts off.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't you just love that warm fuzzy feeling of having someone look at you with their rifle scope, lol. Just happaned, 4 teens, 3 boys 1 girl, walking around the field over 325 yards away. They didn't see me at first but looked like they were scanning the field I'm hunting. Guess they spotted my blind and decide to take a better look with their scope. I was watching them with my binoculars. Waved my hat out the blind and then they went on the other direction. Was going to blaze over to another spot, but kinda late for that, guess I'll stick it out here.

Some people failed the safety part of the hunter's safety course...glad you weren't otherwise hurt.

Congrats on the buck, Deer24/7 and on the doe, ImTheDude! Way to get the kids involved.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took another doe this eve. 335yds with the 6.5-06 with the wind I took a higher percentage shot than I normally would. The 129gr barnes ttsx worked perfectly. She was drt.
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_11_30_324ff440c394ccc99252eb475d980e15.jpg

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Reaction score
Sick to my stomach! Went out this afternoon for my final rifle hunt (work and family will keep me from going again for the remainder of the season). Sat down at 3:45 and got set up. Lull in the wind at 4 and I hit my bleat can followed up with grunt call. 2 min later and I look up a shooting lane about 75 yards away and see a monster 10. Probably a 170. He was coming my way but moved into some thick stuff. He stepped out into the edge but the wind shifted and I was afraid I was going to get scented. I thought he was clear enough from the brush and I fired. He whirled into the thick stuff but I was confident in the shot. Get up to find him and no blood! Looked for an hour and never found a drop. I went back to where he had been standing and discovered more brush/limbs than I first thought. I must have clipped a branch. Really excited at the chance to shoot at such a nice buck but disgusted if this is how my season ends! Oh well, this will make the waiting and anticipation even greater going into next season. Man I love hunting!!!

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sick to my stomach! Went out this afternoon for my final rifle hunt (work and family will keep me from going again for the remainder of the season). Sat down at 3:45 and got set up. Lull in the wind at 4 and I hit my bleat can followed up with grunt call. 2 min later and I look up a shooting lane about 75 yards away and see a monster 10. Probably a 170. He was coming my way but moved into some thick stuff. He stepped out into the edge but the wind shifted and I was afraid I was going to get scented. I thought he was clear enough from the brush and I fired. He whirled into the thick stuff but I was confident in the shot. Get up to find him and no blood! Looked for an hour and never found a drop. I went back to where he had been standing and discovered more brush/limbs than I first thought. I must have clipped a branch. Really excited at the chance to shoot at such a nice buck but disgusted if this is how my season ends! Oh well, this will make the waiting and anticipation even greater going into next season. Man I love hunting!!!

My problem when I do'nt close the deal on a big one is I can'nt let it go I will let it bother me for 3 or 4 years thinking what could I have done different.So trust me I can feel your pain.But always up for the next encounter though.Hope you get him next year

Latest posts

Top Bottom