Dunham's sporting goods coming to Shawnee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't see this posted anywhere. Dunham's sporting goods is in the process of opening a store in our mall here in Shawnee. It is going in a 33,000 square foot section of the Shawnee mall. It is where the old Sears store was located if you are familiar with our mall. I don't know much about this store other than there are none around here. I checked their site and they seem like they are like academy. Hopefully it will be a great store. I have been hoping for an academy for years so I guess this will have to do. Shows on their site that they sell firearms and accessories. Hopefully they have a great selection and good prices.

airpowmech

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Dunham's back east were never really any good. I considered them a larger selection Walmart sporting goods store. They were never equal to an Academy or Dick's.

zombie maker

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Dunham's back east were never really any good. I considered them a larger selection Walmart sporting goods store. They were never equal to an Academy or Dick's.

zombie maker
That's what I was afraid of. I don't understand why Academy hasn't came here. We are the perfect place. That place would be a gold mine. But instead we get some craphole that isn't any good. And To me, Dicks is terrible. I wouldn't step foot in that hole ever again. Another place that needs to come to Shawnee is Sooner State Pawn. Our pawn shops here suck. All they sale is crap. And for an arm and a leg.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I wish SSP would come to Shawnee, I need a job!

I don't care much for any of the big name stores, so I imagine that I won't be going to this new one more than just to check it out.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's what I was afraid of. I don't understand why Academy hasn't came here. We are the perfect place. That place would be a gold mine. But instead we get some craphole that isn't any good. And To me, Dicks is terrible. I wouldn't step foot in that hole ever again. Another place that needs to come to Shawnee is Sooner State Pawn. Our pawn shops here suck. All they sale is crap. And for an arm and a leg.

Ain't that the truth about pawn in Shawn? I visit several a week usually, depending on sales calls and routing and the ones in Shawnee are not even worth going in to. There was one I went in where I literally laughed at their prices and walked out. They still told me to have a good day. I laughed when I saw a used, beat up Glock with one mag and no extras or box for $750.
I guess if people are willing to pay that, then that's their right, but that's a slap in the face to me.
The gun shop up in the brown strip center that sells suppressors and has a cool selection was nice and friendly and seemed to be just a few percent higher than Tulsa or the Internet. I'd pay that for his store front, knowledge and having it in stock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom