Favorite Mexican Restaurant??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My favorite is Casa Perico, at NW 63rd and Meridian. There is another location at NW 122nd and Penn that I've never been to since the other is so close to where I live. I almost hate to tell you guys about them, since the food is at least as good as Ted's, but you don't have to fight a ridiculous crowd to get it. All the same free queso, salsa, tortillas, sopapillas, etc. that all the Mexi places have in OKC, and it is cheaper than Ted's too. Plus it has a cool hole-in-the-wall feel to it.

And Danny Tanner, yes they serve beer in the awesome giant frosted chalices like in your pic. FYI, if you want some of those for your home bar, you can buy them at Parks Distributing, on the I-35 service road just North of SW 25th. When I go with mexi beer, I'm a Tecate guy.

Last edited:

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Los Arcos in Edmond gets my vote most of the time. Everytime we try to go to TEd's in edmond, its a 45min wait. They would be #1, but I"m getting tired of their prices and wait, so I have to go with Los Arcos.

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My favorite is Casa Perico, at NW 63rd and Meridian. There is another location at NW 122nd and Penn that I've never been to since the other is so close to where I live. I almost hate to tell you guys about them, since the food is at least as good as Ted's, but you don't have to fight a ridiculous crowd to get it. All the same free queso, salsa, tortillas, sopapillas, etc. that all the Mexi places have in OKC, and it is cheaper than Ted's too. Plus it has a cool hole-in-the-wall feel to it.

And Danny Tanner, yes they serve beer in the awesome giant frosted chalices like in your pic. FYI, if you want some of those for your home bar, you can buy them at Parks Distributing, on the I-35 service road just North of SW 25th. When I go with mexi beer, I'm a Tecate guy.

Yea, that place at 122nd and penn is really good. I like it.

OKCIS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
San Marcos is usually decent. Chuy' and Tarahumidor (whatever) in Norman were good the last time I ate there many, many moons ago. Paquito's in Mukon used to be good before they sold. There is a new place in Edmond with the word Tequila in the name that is pretty good. West side of Broadway extension almost to 2nd street. It is in an old Long John Silver's. Other than that, no thanks. Except for their atomic salsa, Ted's is horrid. Alfredo's ditto. Iguana, eh. Best plains Indian food, which is what we are really talking about, I've ever had was the Taco House in El Indio. Don't know if it is still there. Or El Indio, for that matter.

Poquitos in Yukon did not sell. Ive been eating there for 30 years and absolutely nothing has changed. Same guy and his wife and the food is the exact same stuff they have always served and its still awesome.

Ted's is the Eischens of mexican food. Insanely overrated.

Tacos Don Nacho is awesome for street tacos.

Chilenos is good if you find the one that fits your style of mexican food they are almost all different.

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats a pretty bold statement considering the size of the Hispanic population and the shear number of places serving Mexican food in Oklahoma.

Although, I have yet to see a place in Oklahoma like Super Pollo in Liberal KS.

If you are ever going through Anthony, it's good. Especially if you like ceviche, theirs is amazing.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1) Alfredo's in Moore for their tamales
2) Juan Del Fuego's in Norman for their unique mexican breakfast. Gotta try the tamales and eggs
3) Teds I guess. A bit plain but good tortillas and quesadillas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom