GSP vs. Hendricks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ugh, all you had to say was "decision"... I'm glad I went to bed early. But that's GSP's style now, he isn't a fight finisher - stinking Greg Jackson, I can't argue with his results but he sure ruins fighters for the fans that want to see an exciting fight. Couple that with Hendricks' wrestling based style that results in about half of his wins coming via decision and I shouldn't be surprised that's the way it went down, but I am disappointed. Sorry for anyone that paid the bucks for the PPV. Lawler vs MacDonald sounds like a great matchup, I'm going to have to hit mmajunkie and read the recaps.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just watched the gif of the tap and it's not a tap, he's posting his elbow on GSP's leg to defend that hip. If you only watch the hand I see why some might say that but you have to look at the big picture, plus take a look at when the "tap" begins, GSP is letting go - no way he's tapping after the release.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hendricks got royally screwed! That fight was so heavily weighted to GSP from the judges it's 'interesting'. Something was in, maybe a fix. Dana really screwed the fans on this one.
!

Actually Dana has nothing to do with the decisions. The athletic commissions do all the judging and the UFC has no control over them.
Dana is very pissed about this and says he may never do another fight in Vegas cause the commission sucks so bad. Yes this does make MMA I a whole look bad and can turn fans off of MMA. Things like this could kill a sport just like it did boxing. Dana knows that, hell he said Johnny won hands down. That the only round he have GPS was the 3rd.

This is true. We had to to rewind and go in slow mo. Hendricks did tap. That's why GSP let go... everyone in the house thought they saw it and when we reviewed it, he tapped.

I've watched the fight 5 times now, he never had that guillotine. Not even close, you can clearly see both hands on the attempt and Johnny did nothing when remotely resembling a tap.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just watched the controversial "tap" again. He didn't tap anything until after GSP released and he was only in that guillotine for seconds. No way was that a legit tap and there shouldn't be any controversy over it.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dana said in press conference that he believes Hendricks won and he's blaming the lame decision on the commission. GSP knows he lost.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow.....just finished watching the fights. Definitely think Hendricks was the victor. Can't see any way that GSP won 3 rounds...and then announces that he's hanging 'em up for a while?
Hendricks should be the UFC champ right now.

Lawler / McDonald was a great fight...close...very close.
Elliott fought a close one too...he may have had that one taken from him.
Koschek got knocked the $%*# out! Sweet fancy Moses...Woodley hit him like he wanted his lunch money! Dayummm!
Evans did what everyone thought he would do...showed Sonned once and for all that he needs to give up sh!ttalking because he has a serious issue backing it up.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow.....just finished watching the fights. Definitely think Hendricks was the victor. Can't see any way that GSP won 3 rounds...and then announces that he's hanging 'em up for a while?
Hendricks should be the UFC champ right now.

Lawler / McDonald was a great fight...close...very close.
Elliott fought a close one too...he may have had that one taken from him.
Koschek got knocked the $%*# out! Sweet fancy Moses...Woodley hit him like he wanted his lunch money! Dayummm!
Evans did what everyone thought he would do...showed Sonned once and for all that he needs to give up sh!ttalking because he has a serious issue backing it up.

Give him a couple months to heal , then make him rematch , or give up the belt ....let them fight over it.

Looks like Georges is gonna be hurtin for a while... 8)

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually Dana has nothing to do with the decisions. The athletic commissions do all the judging and the UFC has no control over them.
Dana is very pissed about this and says he may never do another fight in Vegas cause the commission sucks so bad. Yes this does make MMA I a whole look bad and can turn fans off of MMA. Things like this could kill a sport just like it did boxing. Dana knows that, hell he said Johnny won hands down. That the only round he have GPS was the 3rd.

I've watched the fight 5 times now, he never had that guillotine. Not even close, you can clearly see both hands on the attempt and Johnny did nothing when remotely resembling a tap.

Yep, you're right! The commission SUCKS on this one. I did appreciate Dana sticking his neck out on Fox and defending Hendricks. That's awesome right there. Not that it changed much, but at least you know where he stands.

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
“I’m blown away that Georges St-Pierre won that fight. And listen, I’m a promoter. He’s the biggest pay-per-view star on the f–king planet for me, and I still don’t think he won that fight." -Dana White

Latest posts

Top Bottom