GSP vs. Hendricks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember seeing GSP trying to raise Hendrick's hand at the end of the fight. Even he knew Hendricks won it.

Firas told George before the last round that we was losing the fight and had to finish him (he was talking to him in French)
Then if you noticed after the decision when George was trying to raise Hendrix's hand, Firas ran up a pulled George aside and whispered into his ear. He was telling George NOT to admit he lost of and NOT to tell Joe he thought Jonny won in the post fight interview....
George's head trainer knew they lost the fight and even told George not to say it.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched the fight once and Im only going to watch it once. I feel Hendricks should have won but it wasn't a Pacquiao-esque robbery. Things like this happen when you are not winning rounds convincingly, I certainly understand that if a round is sort of on the fence then you score it for the champion. I certainly think there were many moments in the fight where Hendricks should have given GSP a little more for the money and he didn't.

This. You cant let the fight go to a decision as the challenger unless you have decisively and convincingly won 3 of those rounds. I think Hendrix won, but understand why the decision went to GSP. I hope there is a rematch, because it will be epic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom