GSP vs. Hendricks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate to disagree with everyone who says Hendricks won but even after hearing the talk that he dominated this fight and going into watching it with expectations of seeing him dominate, and pulling for an Oklahoma guy in my heart, I still think GSP won. The bloodiest guy isn't always the loser. I think GSP won rounds 1,3 and 5. I have no problem with this decision. I think Hendricks did tap but GSP had already let go becuause he thought he was losing the hold, but that's a minor point. Dana White saying what he said is meaningless too. His only goal is to sell more tickets and more PPV. Saying what he said ensures more hype for the rematch and increases Hendricks' star even if there isn't a rematch.

I think we watched completely different fights. I have GSP only winning one single round..convincingly (round 3). The rest of the fight he landed nothing at all, but took a hell of a lot of punches.

Don't get me wrong, I've been in GSP's corner since the first. I'm a big fan of his and will continue to be. But, he lost this fight.

I've tried hard to justify the decision and have only come to one conclusion; I know that judges will usually rule in favor of the champion unless there is something stupidly obvious in favor of the challenger. In this case...I think the latter should still have applied.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only way GSP pulled that one out was with the takedowns at the end. And Hendricks had him knocked out in the 2nd only to be saved by the ref, GSP was in big trouble right there. Oh well, that's Vegas for you...

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw these two pics on my FB feed separated by a few hours and lol'd.

Winner.
[Broken External Image]

Loser
[Broken External Image]

:screwy:

Hahhaaaa, I saw that interview and he looked hammered to living ****. Hate to say it because he's one of my all time faves, but its time for him to quit and go off to other lucrative endeavors. Quitting while youre on top is the only way to go out. I knew it was time with some of my other faves too, but sometimes theyre the ones who dont know when its time ( like when one of my other all time favorite fighters ever, Chuck Liddell, got knocked out so hard he sh it his pants. You could see it on the back of his pants and on the mat- while he was laying there out cold. He was winning the fight too just like any of his other fights but got caught with a freak punch from a younger dude, and went out like a light. In my eyes he's still a badass, but I will never forget that sight).

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't like gsp. He's turned in to a point fighter to protect the belt. I thought it was 2-2 goin to the 5th and Hendricks just needed to go a little harder to get the round and he would be wearin that belt. If you go by who got their ass beat, then Hendricks clearly won. That's just not how it always works in the UFC. You want a definite win, finish the fight. Everyone knows the MMA judges are terrible.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so I saw this and thought it was about the race at Homestead, and how a Hendricks driver won the championship. I was trying to figure out who GSP was.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The main problem is ...they need to fight until one of them goes out, no ref decisions, no scoring.
Walk out the door or get carryed...your choice.... ;)

Thats how it used to be, and was banned in most states, even on PPV. It was started by the Gracies and some investors, as a no holds barred tournament style format, from different disciplines to determine who was the best in the world. It grew from there, but was considered too violent. Dana White approached the Fertitta's about purchasing it as it was about to go under. The rules, ref's and scoring is what got them back in the black and allowed on TV. There is a video, 60 minutes I believe, on Netflix that covers it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom