Have faith, brothers...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I walk in the light I feel so much better than when I fall away and be worldly. I dedicate my life to God and so does my wife. It helps our marriage and makes us much happier. Living for yourself or the world only gets you one thing. And you know what I am talking about. I have been a Christian since 97 and have had many ups and downs. And those were the most miserable of my life. But when I live for God I am the happiest I have ever been. Keep up the battle. I understand how you feel. I worry about my son too. Maybe Christ will return before our kids grow up. That is my hope.

Really? You want to see your children suffer plagues of locusts, the anti-Christ, terrible war, etc.? Sorry man but no thanks.

elance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we need to pray for our country and our leaders specifically, and for those who don't believe . amen

those of you who don't believe bring on your good thoughts and intentions. i am not the power, but i wield it .get behind the man with the big gun.

i pray for strength and courage to face the troubles coming, and patience to endure .

elance

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really? You want to see your children suffer plagues of locusts, the anti-Christ, terrible war, etc.? Sorry man but no thanks.
what are you talking about? When Christ returns it is to gather his flock to take them to Heaven. I wasn't aware he was coming back to punish us. Try reading the Bible. And don't try and convince me he is coming to this earth to rule for 1,000 years because he aint. He said his kingdom is not of this world and he has been preparing it for his people. He will not reign on earth. And not many will go to Heaven. But many will go to hell.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what are you talking about? When Christ returns it is to gather his flock to take them to Heaven. I wasn't aware he was coming back to punish us. Try reading the Bible. And don't try and convince me he is coming to this earth to rule for 1,000 years because he aint. He said his kingdom is not of this world and he has been preparing it for his people. He will not reign on earth. And not many will go to Heaven. But many will go to hell.

Is Revelations not in your bible? It sure outlines some nasty crap occurring before the return of Christ.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is Revelations not in your bible? It sure outlines some nasty crap occurring before the return of Christ.

But.. all good Christians will be magically taken away, spared the pain and suffering everyone else must bear. Except for all those Christians that have suffered and died for the last 2000 years. They're probably gonna feel ripped off if the rest of us skip out on the persecution at the end.

I have no doubt the bible is true, but the interpretation of these "end times" frauds make me sick.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no doubt the bible is true, but the interpretation of these "end times" frauds make me sick.

This. I'm still learning, but it seems to me that the common interpretations of "The Rapture" are far from factual, and are actually pretty ludicrous if you consider it.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't mean for this to turn into a religion vs science thread (although I should have known better posting on the topic of religion on the internet), and I'm in no way advocating prayer/faith without works. I'll fight encroachments on our rights and for restoration of those taken from us until my last breath, I owe that much to my children. My morale was at a particularly low point when I came across this passage, and it gave me hope when I saw none. I just felt like sharing it in case there were any others that were in need of uplifting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom