Hobbies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting.
Well, for my wife & I, for example, the other day we went into town and went into a shop. We were only in there for about 5 minutes.
When we came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket.
We went up to him and said, 'Come on man, how about giving a senior citizen a break?'
He ignored us and continued writing the ticket. I called him a Nazi turd. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn tires.
So my wife called him a ****-head. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first.
Then he started writing a third ticket.
This went on for about 20 minutes. The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote.

Personally, we didn't care. We came into town by bus and the car had California plates .
We try to have a little fun each day now that we're retired. It's important at our age.

:)

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spend most of my time keeping the fleet of vehicles up. Then there is all the upkeep on a bigger than we need house. I need to get back on this old car that I'm restoring. I also buy,sale and trade guns.
1st day home, 6-11-22 (4).JPG

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I sold a Tundra that I loved with 30K miles on it to get this F-250 because we changed RV's and needed the additional weight capacity for the RV. The 250 is marginal to remain road legal for the pin weight we have now. We want to make sure we are legal in weight loading if an accident or something happens. There have been some legal issues with some folks found to be overloaded after an accident, and they lost a lot of money.

Hence our idea to not get anything smaller than an F450 when we started the RV idea. Considering that the GVWR of our Mobile Suites is 18,500 lbs, I wanted to be sure I had enough truck. Also, since I had been an operator of 18-wheelers in my past, I doubly wanted to have something big enough.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I did kinda make fun of you, but don’t stop. You are, at the very least, capable of taking some backlash. Most aren’t. And you fired live rounds thru a jacket. Most wouldn’t, haha.
I get wound up and go a little too far sometimes but my intentions are just sarcastic humor except for a couple of people who know what they truly are.

Latest posts

Top Bottom