Hobbies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife can't eat it, some kind of allergy. Sometimes I substitute a layer of chorizo. I eat plenty of beef, however, it's usually when we eat out. The squash and/or chorizo is really good in the lasagna!
I figured it was food allergy related. That sucks. I’ve got celiac, so I can relate. I’ve had squash in my lasagna before and enjoyed it. I’d just never considered it as a beef substitute, and seeing that typed out made me laugh. And you could tell me chorizo is good in your coffee and I’d believe you, I love that stuff. Good with everything. Squash/chorizo lasagna sounds bomb.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I print various items, pistol bench blocks, various magazine pinky extensions, 10/22 receivers, and allot of misc experiments

I recently saw a few examples of 3D metal printed objects, and I was impressed! I have a 3D printer now for plastic, but I’ve never been thrilled with the products. Too flimsy for what I want them to do, so I’m keeping tabs on the metal 3D printers to come way down in price.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently saw a few examples of 3D metal printed objects, and I was impressed! I have a 3D printer now for plastic, but I’ve never been thrilled with the products. Too flimsy for what I want them to do, so I’m keeping tabs on the metal 3D printers to come way down in price.
That would be next level for sure!

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
New hobby
IMG_9642.jpeg
IMG_9644.jpeg
IMG_9643.jpeg

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have always thought that most people, if not everyone, has something they are exceptionally good at, and that very few ever figure out what that is? I could name a hundred examples if I had room, but just one, is Glen Campbell. He has little formal education, can not read music, and yet he was one, if not the best , most highly payed, studio Musician, ever, in absolutely any style of music, and world famous singer. When he first started with the wrecking crew, the very top studio musicians in LA, they ask him if he could read music. His answer was I don't need to! he was literally able to just hear part of a song, or tune, and not only play it instantly, but improve on it, in many cases. I have tried many, many, hobbies, hoping I would stumble across something I am good at! No luck yet, and I'm about out of time, and energy, It could be that I'm just good at being retired, and spinning yarns? And that is OK with me.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love the thread. I do need to find a couple hobbies. Like a few others, I don't have time for hobbies working 65-70 hours per week and then do work around the property on the weekends. That being said, I plan to retire in the next 8-10 years so want to have something I already enjoy doing. I have the shop and space to do something but need to figure it out. My dad is 83 years old and the only thing he does is yard care/maintenance. It does keep him busy year round as he lives in Hawaii and has half acre with a ton of plants, trees and yard. However, his doctors keep telling him he needs to do more than that for his mental and physical health. I can't go down his path in that regard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom