Home insurance - who do you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have State Farm. I use Terry Cavnar in Moore. I have 3 houses, a travel trailer/lake property, 2 cars and 2 commercial properties with them. I also have worker's comp and a life insurance policy with them. I shop the whole package about every 2 years just to make sure their rates are still competitive. So far, no one else has come close.

dx3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the information - keep it coming :)

I am not able to join USAA so that is not a consideration. Thanks though,
Jonny

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
State farm, with a caveat. The agent is what makes the service good or bad with State farm, we use Janine Morales agency for the home and our vehicles and a PAP for high values items like our cell phones, jewelry and firearms.

The majority of the sportbike crowd that uses state farm in Tulsa uses either Janine Morales, or Brent Hagar has been getting alot of business lately one of TSR guys Jonathon Banks works for his office in sales, from what I hear they have been happy with his service.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
State farm, with a caveat. The agent is what makes the service good or bad with State farm...

This is absolutely true. Different agents can even come back with different rates. That's why its a good idea to build up a relationship with your agent, and if your parents and grandparents have also happened to build a relationship with that agent before and were smart about what claims they made (i.e. not claiming every little door ding they got), you can get some very good rates.

ETA: While my dealings with State Farm have all been smooth and fair, my wife's family had issues with getting them to cover a lot of things. That's why I say its all in the agent you go with.

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Liberty Mutual. Was able to lower my deductible from 1% wind/hail to $500, increase personal liability to $1M and lowered my premium $700/year.

This....Liberty Mutual. Our agent is Brian Harvey.

http://www.libertymutual.com/brianharvey

I would at least get a quote from him before renewing your insurance. I am with Liberty and so are my parents and brother-in-law. Liberty beat everyone and when I had a roof claim a couple of years ago the claims process went very smoothly and the settlement was very fair.

Dave

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This....Liberty Mutual. Our agent is Brian Harvey.

http://www.libertymutual.com/brianharvey

I would at least get a quote from him before renewing your insurance. I am with Liberty and so are my parents and brother-in-law. Liberty beat everyone and when I had a roof claim a couple of years ago the claims process went very smoothly and the settlement was very fair.

Dave

He's my agent, too! Great guy.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got Farmer's, had Okla Farm Bureau and they cancelled after paying a claim.

State Farm sux after having them for years. Will never have them again... imo

Latest posts

Top Bottom