I just got a call......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember a recent incident here locally where a young girl was jumped by some upper class girls all caught on video.
They were flogging her pretty good. After a couple minutes of it she defended herself. She got suspended.
Her mom is a local attorney. Long story short she's homeschooling her now.

Devilsbcoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our school district has the same policy: "You throw a punch--you go home". I don't necessarily agree with it, but in today's litigious society the school is only out to protect their arse. (Amazing how the use of common sense can piss off so many people.) Heaven forbid that we use some common sense and decision making skills to determine who should actually be punished for the fight. With all that said, I have told my kids (daughter and son) that "sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do". From the time that they were old enough to understand, I have taught my kids how to defend themselves. They know not to start a fight, but if someone else does, they have been told to make sure that that kids 3 day stay at home is a painful one.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My boy got suspended to stepping in to stop a bully from beating up a smaller kid.

I told him I was proud of him, and he had himself a nice three day vacation from school that week.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, this is nothing new; I graduated in the mid-80s, and it was the same then: regardless of who started it, both parties got a 3 day vacation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom