Looking to get into 7.62 in AR Platform What is your favorite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I'm looking at a Cmmg Mk3 for $1100 with a Viper scope in a Burris mount. Good deal or is there a better Ar10 out there for that kind of money. Ill be shooting out to 600 yards as this will likely be a hunting and target rifle.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "standards" are KAC SR25, LMT MWS, LWRC Reaper, PWS Mk2, JP LRP07, Larue OBR, GAP10,

Budget - DPMS, SW, RRA, Ruger

Builds - Mega MA-TEN, IRA original units,

Wild Card = POF

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I picked up a DPMS classic in 308 from another member last year. Love shooting it and it's pretty dang accurate, but lord it's heavy!! we're talking this porker tips the scales at a little over 13lbs with glass, mount and bipod. Definitely NOT a battle rifle, unless you're Chuck Norris - then EVERYTHING is a battle rifle.

As a side note, it didn't like American Eagle ammo that came with it. I had to work up a custom load before it was accurate. It's still not a tack driver, but I can get 2 inch groups at 488 yards. A little more load workup and I could probably get it more accurate, but I'm pretty happy with that.

FYI: it will flat out destroy a Coyote.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a DPMS classic in 308 from another member last year. Love shooting it and it's pretty dang accurate, but lord it's heavy!! we're talking this porker tips the scales at a little over 13lbs with glass, mount and bipod. Definitely NOT a battle rifle, unless you're Chuck Norris - then EVERYTHING is a battle rifle.

As a side note, it didn't like American Eagle ammo that came with it. I had to work up a custom load before it was accurate. It's still not a tack driver, but I can get 2 inch groups at 488 yards. A little more load workup and I could probably get it more accurate, but I'm pretty happy with that.

FYI: it will flat out destroy a Coyote.

I'd say so! That's sub-1/2 MOA at 1/4 mile - nothing to sniff at!

Latest posts

Top Bottom