My son's catch below Kaw dam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He was super stoked to go and only got 2 fish..
But 2 nice eatin fish...37" flathead 25lbs and the gar at 12lbs.
I may go this weekend ,,,see if the spoons are in yet
cody fish kaw 003.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys..he went by himself as his buddies wimped out.

He called me after he got the flathead and said he was tired it wore him out...SWEET!
He also stated no running water at the time and the water was crystal clear..he did catch 2 sandies and tossed them back.
And was fishing with worms at one point and no bites for a long time so he reeled in and took worm off the hook and tossed it into the river and a big catfish with a fish in it's mouth came up and ate the worm.!!!:(

Top feeder i suppose...But he did have fun. That is what counts.
I cooked up some gar that day...Boil for 4 minutes in Zataran crab and shrimp boil. following directions on bottle.
let soak for 5 minutes

That is the only way i really like to cook it..taste like seafood crab or shrimp sort of

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats to him getting a nice flathead!
I've read the latest report on the ODW fishing report. Said it was slow. They haven't been generating for awhile. Not a whole lot of water in the river for them to come up from Keystone. Kaw is about a foot high right now. Wouldn't suprise me to see them start to generate some in the near future.

Latest posts

Top Bottom