Pit bull Dogs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't get dumping your dog off in the country. Those people must be fooling themselves into believing that a friendly farmer picks them all up and that they spend the rest of their years running free in pastures. Just take your dog to the pound if you aren't adult enough to take care of your pet and you are too big of a wuss to put it down. You don't even have to talk to the people anymore, if you show up after hours they leave crates out in the lobby that you can lock your dog in. At least that way the pup has a sporting chance, people that actually want a dog will go to the pound but they do not drive country roads looking for strays. Some people are stupid.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh and I like pits, I like just about all dogs that can whoop a possum. If the dog can't take a possum he gets classified as a rodent in my mind and I'm not too keen on rodents.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... people that actually want a dog will go to the pound but they do not drive country roads looking for strays. Some people are stupid.

That's where we found our previous two dogs. One was cute, the other ugly. Both seemed friendly and that's why they came home with us.
Now we have this huge galooter of a pit that runs wide knocking everything down in his path. He's getting better but dang sure wasn't something we were looking for.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's where we found our previous two dogs. One was cute, the other ugly. Both seemed friendly and that's why they came home with us.

I grew up with lots of pound pups, some cute, some ugly, all were pretty good dogs in their own way. Not many bad dogs out there.

Travis798

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't get dumping your dog off in the country. Those people must be fooling themselves into believing that a friendly farmer picks them all up and that they spend the rest of their years running free in pastures. Just take your dog to the pound if you aren't adult enough to take care of your pet and you are too big of a wuss to put it down. You don't even have to talk to the people anymore, if you show up after hours they leave crates out in the lobby that you can lock your dog in. At least that way the pup has a sporting chance, people that actually want a dog will go to the pound but they do not drive country roads looking for strays. Some people are stupid.

My mom has a rent house and her renter had a black lab. The lab was going into season and kept getting out of her pen, so he decided she needed to be a country dog and dumped her off. After telling my stepdad about it, my mother wanted to find her before she got shot but didn't know exactly where he dumped her. As luck would have it, a couple of days later I saw a picture of her on facebook from someone I know trying to find the owner. I went out and got her and my mom took her in.

She's spayed now and she is a great dog. She's an excellent guard dog and a sweetheart. I'm glad everything worked out like it did, as I'd hate to think of her lying in a pasture dying from a gunshot wound.

In my mind, people that dump dogs are as big of a piece of scum as a thief.

BlackRifle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a Pit in the naborhood that knocked my daughter down and killed our Pomerainian that she was holding. The city gave the kid that owned it a choice.Let them put the dog down or register the dog as vicious,plus pay a big fine. The kid decided that he didn't want the dog after all.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a Pit in the naborhood that knocked my daughter down and killed our Pomerainian that she was holding. The city gave the kid that owned it a choice.Let them put the dog down or register the dog as vicious,plus pay a big fine. The kid decided that he didn't want the dog after all.

That's scary, sounds like they did the right thing though. I won't tolerate a dog that is aggressive toward or around children. We had to put one of our own dogs down years ago because it snapped at little ones, for some reason she had it in mind that the kids were a threat. Sad deal because the kiddos did nothing to provoke her and we couldn't train it out of her.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks GMT! We can do what we do with out the support of our followers. Have you seen the new shirts? We will be coming out with new ones as frequently as possible In The future.

Yes, the other half loves the new ones. Just haven't gotten around to getting one yet. We would come see ya tomorrow but we've already got a full day. Glad to see you on the board.

Latest posts

Top Bottom