Romney in Isreal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Anyone notice he was wearing the little cap thing that Jewish people wear? Or that when he visited the prayer wall he appeared to place a prayer in the wall and chant his prayers.

Is that customary or was he just showing respect for a different religion?

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone notice he was wearing the little cap thing that Jewish people wear? Or that when he visited the prayer wall he appeared to place a prayer in the wall and chant his prayers.

Is that customary or was he just showing respect for a different religion?

I believe putting a prayer in a crack of the wall is a custom practiced by Christians & Jews whenever they visit the wall. Some people believe that all prayers said on earth go toward the mount then ascend up to into heaven. As for the Kippah, Jewish tradition is that men should cover their heads during prayers.. so he probably did it out of respect to their religion and to the Prime Minister... whom he has known for many many yrs..

If it had been Obama visiting Israel for the first time, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if instead of praying at the wall... he would have gone and laid flowers on Yasser Arafat's grave... then asked to have a moment of silence.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know...that was the point of my post....and I don't think it's pandering if you actually believe in the things you are saying/doing. I know Obama doesn't support Israel...so he is pandering. I don't know if Romney truly supports or believes in Israel and/or the Jewish people so I don't know if he's pandering.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know...that was the point of my post....and I don't think it's pandering if you actually believe in the things you are saying/doing. I know Obama doesn't support Israel...so he is pandering. I don't know if Romney truly supports or believes in Israel and/or the Jewish people so I don't know if he's pandering.

The fact every president and some major politicians has done that should be telling.
It must be like a tradition (like UT players touching the horn before a game). A tradition which really means nothing. That pictures is worth votes for Romney (the same as the Obama picture is).

Latest posts

Top Bottom