Say it aint so Willy...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no. some laws are made that obviously should never be. and they should be repealed.

That totally defies the logical statement you made previously.

but deviant behavior should not be trivialized just because others do worse.
i realize many people beleive pot to be harmless, but i beleive it is a gateway drug, and a slippery slope.

Believing that marijuana is a "gateway drug" is akin to believing that black rifles are "assault rifles". You're buying the buzzword without understanding what it really means.

By using the "gateway drug" concept, then alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, and sugar should all be prohibited, as they all result in highs that lead some with certain personalities to pursue a greater high.

in my opinion, saying pot should be legal while harder drugs should not, is akin to saying semi autos should be illegal while single shots are ok.

The sad thing is, "harder drugs" are legal. I can get a scrip for cocaine if I can demonstrate the need for that particular topical anesthetic. I can get a scrip for Desoxyn (methamphetamine) if I am a significantly overweight adult or a child with ADHD where alternatives such as Ritalin and Adderall have not worked. In fact, the recommended dosage of Desoxyn for kids with ADHD is 20mg or more if necessary to achieve satisfactory clincal results per day. Many meth users run 5-10mg per day.

and to say we should legalize pot to reduce crime is like saying we should give amnesty to reduce illegals.

JMO

That's an apples to oranges comparison. Legalizing marijuana reduces the secondary crimes associated with the industry, such as robberies, burglaries, and murders. Amnesty only reduces the primary crime of being an illegal immigrant.

When some one lights up a bowl/joint of pot,they are most assuredly trying to get high/toasted.

I disagree. What you have described is a drug abuser, the same as an alcoholic.

I frankly wish all alcohol and illicit drugs would vanish,they have contributed nothing but sorrow and chaos in life on this planet.

I've seen marijuana help many people, and the same goes (to a lesser extent) for the coca plant.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Their used to be a great thread tied to a poll on decriminalization that I started a while back and it was deleted for some reason.

I hated pot when I was in HS couldn't stand it, I started with something much harder than weed when I was young, to this day I know I can't casually use my former vice but I know people who can casually use my former drug of choice, weed as a gateway drug is BS lots of people start with and stop with weed, others start with other drugs, poor white trash living in a trailer park that smokes weed and drinks would be in the same situation even if those substances never existed, they would blow their money elsewhere

Lots of people work, have good jobs and smoke a little weed from time to time, I don't blame him for having 6 ounces, good weed is hard to find from what I hear, so if you do find it you need to stock up.

Prohibition does nothing but make criminals of people, how many criminals will exist on this site if the anti's get their way and gun registration occurs on a national level? Will you holier than though in the ivory tower types step forward with every serial number you own and register them? I doubt it, you too could be the next Willie Nelson.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He took his band to the Carter White House and admitted that " the boys don't go where they can't smoke dope"

He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to feel.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, with his kind of money you can be "harmless".
Those with the need to be high need to rob, burglerize, and mug to get the high..

True, but I'd venture to guess that pot users have a lower incidence of crime than people needing a meth, alcohol, coke, or heroin fix. Marijuana isn't physically addictive, but can be psychologically addictive, unlike most other illegal drugs (and legal if you count tobacco and alcohol) which are both heavily addictive both physically and psychologically.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no. some laws are made that obviously should never be. and they should be repealed.

but deviant behavior should not be trivialized just because others do worse.
i realize many people beleive pot to be harmless, but i beleive it is a gateway drug, and a slippery slope. in my opinion, saying pot should be legal while harder drugs should not, is akin to saying semi autos should be illegal while single shots are ok.

and to say we should legalize pot to reduce crime is like saying we should give amnesty to reduce illegals.

JMO

And studies show this simply is not the case.

It's not that I hang out on the streets or anything, but I've never known a stoner who robs and steals to afford his next high. Please do not lump marijuana consumers with methheads, crack addicts, etc. All "drugs" are NOT created equal!

Latest posts

Top Bottom