Shield or Pocket Gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never carry eithout a holster, the desantis is what I use now. It's just too big for a lot of my jeans and slacks. And the thick desantis adds to it. I still see the cylinder hump with it, but maybe I am being overly critical.

You could be. People arent gonna stare at the bulges in your pockets. Unless you are John Holmes.

Goathead

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

okgunluvr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
For pocket carry, I'm not sure that the shield would work. I carry mine with an IWB holster and it doesn't print at al (and I'm a skinny guy). As far as the gun, you can't go wrong. I LOVE MY SHIELD!

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was intrigued by them when first released, but the reports reliability issues after just 2-300 rounds and the company's stance that it is not meant to be shot a lot, only to be used for self defense and therefor it is not a defect turned me off. Having to change the spring every 300 rounds or whatever the number is, no thanks.

Never had an issue with mine...shoots really well, in fact. Yes, after a couple hundred rounds they suggest changing the $5 recoil spring when you clean it. There is a price to pay with the smallest 9mm AUTO on the market.

Also, who want to go shoot a tiny 9mm for fun? Don't you have other handguns?

okgunluvr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very cool!

Never had an issue with mine...shoots really well, in fact. Yes, after a couple hundred rounds they suggest changing the $5 recoil spring when you clean it. There is a price to pay with the smallest 9mm AUTO on the market.

Also, who want to go shoot a tiny 9mm for fun? Don't you have other handguns?

Latest posts

Top Bottom