Sighting in a ML

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Have to 100% absolutely agree on the savage ml. This will be my fifth season to shoot and have had zero problems and zero complaints. Clean, accurate, no smoke, low recoil and easy to clean, and mine doesn't get cleaned that often. I clean it at the end of the season, unless it gets rained on.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Quite well. Target was at 100 yds. If your thinking of getting one, don't drag your feet. Savage took them out of production as they werent selling as good as some of their better lines, but recently started producing them again after a huge amount of protests. They put them back in limited production until interest drops off again.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_target1.jpg
what kind of bullet are you shooter that is one heck of a group for a front loader it said my message was to short and needed to type some more words so i did

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tell everybody the same. Quit screwin around with those smoke belchin pieces of crap and buy a Savage!!!

I freakin love mine. Probably the best place to get one is order it off the internet. Finding one locally can be a pain sometimes. The above post is correct. Savage is producing these rifles "on a demand basis" only, which means they can halt production at any minute if they see fit. Why on earth anyone would buy any muzzleloader besides a Savage is beyond me! Unless you just gotta have that stinking smoke, which I hate, then you better get somethin else.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go to the savage website. There will be a dropdown that shows authorized savage dealers in ok.
Otherwise do an Internet search.
Btw, I still have a load in mine from last season. It will be my first cold bore shot when checking the scope.
Currently shooting hornady 250gr sst. Works well on deer too.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Gun store in Enid has them. They had a used blue/black synthetic the other day. Should anyone buy one, be careful about what loads you read about on the internet that are not supported by Savages recommended loads. There are some who have pushed this ML to the edge and back on extreme powder charges and velocities and I have done some experimenting myself. Recommended loads are low recoil and accurate. I'm currently pushing a 250gr hornady SST at 2300fps with a non recommended powder. Do your research and be safe:) Using MMP sabots will save you a lot of headaches as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom