Smoked Brisket Ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've literally cooked 100s of briskets in my life and never did burnt ends. That being said I have burnt the ends of a few but those ends were NOT appetizing at all.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, I didn't make this but it was pretty darn good. Mr Burns sandwich from Q39 (cubed burnt ends, chipotle bbq sauce, pepper jack cheese, onion straws , toasted bun). I couldn't even eat half of it!

That's the only way you can get their burnt ends now. Used to be able to get them by the pound like this...

Those were spectacular! Best burnt ends ever!

I've been telling people Q39 is legit...

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Getting ready to smoke some stuff for the weekend, 10lb brisket is slow thawing in the frig and almost ready. Wifey picked up 8 lbs of thick sliced bacon. We like extra smoke on our bacon, so I cold smoke with hickory, adding ground black pepper before freezing it up in ziplocks. She has a spiral cut ham that I cook a little more add smoke for about 3 hours.

Something new we are going to try, She also picked up a couple pineapples and some boneless pork ribs (Country style). She saw a recipe to core the pineapple and stuff it full of smoked pork ribs with a bacon wrap like a fatty, should be interesting.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you like your bacon extra smoky you should try making your own. I made Buck Board Bacon last month with a pork butt I caught on sale at Kroger for 99 cents a pound vs what they charge for store bought bacon and the flavor is MUCH better than what you get from the store.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have looked at making my own bacon a few times, but right now I do not see I have the time to do it. It is on the big list for things to do after I retire from being retired. Thanks

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what's cooking for dinner tonight .. about 5 1/2 hours in and tooth pick says almost ready .. finishing up at 275f .. 235f at grill level.
will be uncovered for entire 6 hour burn with seasoned oak without too much smoke.

DSC07122.jpg

DSC07120.jpg

DSC07117.jpg

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thanks .. here's the finished result at 6 hours, oak with no wrap .. just can't figure out why I'm not losing any weight :D

DSC07123.jpg

DSC07124.jpg

DSC07125.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom