So Glad I Live in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today, several simple human things brought to light exactly WHY I moved back to Oklahoma after my 21+ years in the Marines.
I always thought I'd retire near the coast, so I could be near the ocean. That is, until I did; and then I realized how darn good we really have it here, and moved back.

So...I went to the grocery store; a Black lady held the door for me, as I entered. (She must have noticed I walk with a slight limp). I thanked her; she smiled and nodded.

As I was pushing my cart down the aisles , a Hispanic woman pointed out how good the strawberries looked, I engaged in small talk with her and put some in my buggy.

As I was getting milk, I noticed a Black couple waiting behind me; I asked if I could hand them anything; they said yes, two half-gallons of the 2% milk please. I handed the milk over, they both thanked me and we resumed our shopping.

Everyone just acted like regular human beings, doing our best to get along in a tough world. No drama; no BLM; no racism or hate for the sake of hate...just human beings shopping for groceries and pleasantly interacting with other human beings.

Oh sure, we have issues here too, on occasion, but I betcha a lot less here than most others. It just doesn't happen like this in a lot of other places.

Oklahoma is OK.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep good folks in OK.
Flag_of_Oklahoma.gif

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today, several simple human things brought to light exactly WHY I moved back to Oklahoma after my 21+ years in the Marines.
I always thought I'd retire near the coast, so I could be near the ocean. That is, until I did; and then I realized how darn good we really have it here, and moved back.

So...I went to the grocery store; a Black lady held the door for me, as I entered. (She must have noticed I walk with a slight limp). I thanked her; she smiled and nodded.

As I was pushing my cart down the aisles , a Hispanic woman pointed out how good the strawberries looked, I engaged in small talk with her and put some in my buggy.

As I was getting milk, I noticed a Black couple waiting behind me; I asked if I could hand them anything; they said yes, two half-gallons of the 2% milk please. I handed the milk over, they both thanked me and we resumed our shopping.

Everyone just acted like regular human beings, doing our best to get along in a tough world. No drama; no BLM; no racism or hate for the sake of hate...just human beings shopping for groceries and pleasantly interacting with other human beings.

Oh sure, we have issues here too, on occasion, but I betcha a lot less here than most others. It just doesn't happen like this in a lot of other places.

Oklahoma is OK.

But the real question is... were you ALL wearing your GOVERNMENT-MANDATED masks????

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know what you mean Joel. We are from Va. . We lived about 35 miles from the bay. Most of our families are back there also. The thing is Va. is turning into a left coast state. It is too many people, too many bad gun laws, and high taxes. I just retire this year and my wife asked me if I want to move back home. I told her ,we are home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom