Toyota Tacoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For some reason I've been thinking about getting a Toyota Tacoma.

After a little research I found I like the 4x4's with the V6 automatic. Anybody got one? Pros? Cons?

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought the wife a new one 2 years ago with zero regrets. It has been a great truck. Good luck finding a decent used one that isn't high priced. They are difficult to find so we went with a new one.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For some reason I've been thinking about getting a Toyota Tacoma.

After a little research I found I like the 4x4's with the V6 automatic. Anybody got one? Pros? Cons?
2007 I bought new. 230K+ on it. Second Tacoma. Dad has 2006 with 260K+.

Cons:

1.you'll want a suspension upgrade if you haul weight and/or offroad. Especially in the rear. (Rear leafs suck...the upgraded TSB leafs are a little better but I'd just get OME Dakars for $400 and be done) Probably the same with other trucks tho.

2. Shittty gas mileage

Other than that the 4.0 and auto is pretty bulletproof. The auto shifts a little weird and sloppy but they seem to last forever. Many with 750K+ on them out there. I plan on keeping mine forever. Oil changes are incredibly quick and easy. Mine has never broken down or needed anything that was not a wear item.

Resale value speaks for itself.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We own a 2006 Tacoma Prerunner. V6 Automatic with 52,000 miles. I know its low miles but still it has been flawless. Over the past 9 years I have owned numerous Toyotas. Everytime I buy a different Make I soon switch back to a Toyota.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one. A 2003 4x4. 165k miles. I would let it go for $100,000. I love that truck! Wish I had more towing power but that's it. 4 cyl is not good for anything more than a small boat. Bullet proof and simple though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom