Toyota Tacoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOKNLOD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one I looked at recently was a 2016 with the TRD package.

The engine in this years model is a 3.5L V6 with six speed automatic. It also has the crawl control feature in it.

I did a long write up in a recent thread on the '16 Tacoma TRD I traded in my '08 Tacoma TRD for...check my post history. I don't post much it should be easy to find.

If anything, my post was a bit overly negative cause I was in a pissy mood when I wrote it. They're good trucks.

They didn't get the new one 100% right, but it's still the best small pickup I think. If it meets your needs, I wouldn't hesitate to drive one.

That said, I got a great deal on weaseling into a fullsize that fits my current needs better and that's what I've got now. No fault of the Tacoma.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just sold a Tacoma extra cab, V6, Auto I bought with 11K miles on in 95.
It was a farm truck. It did thousands of miles in 4wd through axle deep red mud, up mountains off road in New Mexico, pulled 2 bottom plows putting in food plots, and other abusive driving.
Amazing vehicle, although like already stated, the rear suspension sucks. I added 1000lb overloads, and finally air bags so I could haul a 4600lb tractor on a 1200lb trailer.
Put 351,000+ miles on it.
The last trip to NM in December showed 1/4 quart of oil used for the round trip.
Put it up for sale and it was gone the same day for $4k.

pktrkt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2007 4 door 4x4 6cyl, have 116,000 on it... As already said only negative is rear leaf springs need upgrade and fuel mileage is, so so.. I think on 3 tank average with town and hi-way driving is around 19 mpg. Best I've got on a 400 mile trip on pretty much flat ground was an amazing 24.5 mpg.... This is my 5th Tacoma and plan on driving it till.......... Love my Toy..

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I currently have a 2014 FJ trail teams edition. It belonged to my GF who passed away last month, but is in my name. Part of me says trade it and get a Tacoma and the other is sentimental and says keep it. Hard decision.

Right now I'm switching between my truck and the FJ rotating drive time to keep everything operating properly.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2007 4 door 4x4 6cyl, have 116,000 on it... As already said only negative is rear leaf springs need upgrade and fuel mileage is, so so.. I think on 3 tank average with town and hi-way driving is around 19 mpg. Best I've got on a 400 mile trip on pretty much flat ground was an amazing 24.5 mpg.... This is my 5th Tacoma and plan on driving it till.......... Love my Toy..

I need gears! Lawl. 33s on stock gears, sliders & rear plate bumper, shell, a metric shittton of camping gear, and a boat and I got 15.9mpg running 72mph down I-40 a couple weeks ago. Actually better than I expected! Oh well. I don't mind considering the thing will likely go half a million miles with basically no repairs.

i-rK65kGp-L.jpg

My old 4 cyl 4x4 on 31s got close to 25mpg no matter how I drove it.

GLGAR

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Tacoma SR5 4x4 V6. Extended cab long bed that I bought new last Nov. This is my first non full size truck and it has had no issues in 4000 miles so I have no complaints. Lot of info, good and bad about the new model on the Tacoma World website.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need gears! Lawl. 33s on stock gears, sliders & rear plate bumper, shell, a metric shittton of camping gear, and a boat and I got 15.9mpg running 72mph down I-40 a couple weeks ago. Actually better than I expected! Oh well. I don't mind considering the thing will likely go half a million miles with basically no repairs.

i-rK65kGp-L.jpg

My old 4 cyl 4x4 on 31s got close to 25mpg no matter how I drove it.

I like the way that one is set up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom