Tulsa PD shoots unarmed black man

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yet Crutcher's family finds this lab result to be "immaterial" to the case and Kunzweiler's comments yesterday on anticipating this autopsy result when filing the manslaughter charge makes it appear that he agrees with them. I think it adds a significant load to his burden of proof but IANAL. The defense certainly appears to have a significant lever as they prepare for the preliminary hearing. I know that's normally a foregone conclusion and a formality to move the process along. It might prove interesting this time.

Naturally. They are looking to get paid, he's trying to CYA.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had blood work several times in the last year. The expense is in no way cost prohibitive, especially when so much is on the line. We call these efforts "due diligence", government calls these efforts unnecessary.
Does the lab you don't trust also not trust themselves? Do they then pay another lab to independently verify your blood work? Do you then trust that them selecting and paying the 2nd lab didn't influence the results?

I agree that IF the plaintiffs dispute the results, they should be allowed to select AND pay for their own testing. If those results are different, then further investigation would be warranted. Something tells me the deceased's family is saying the results are irrelevant, because they know independent testing would likely confirm the ME's results and be a waste of money. Just because he was loved by his family, doesn't mean he was all the wonderful things they spoon fed the media. :(

huntemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In reality, it's more of a one sided docu-drama.

And yet Brendan Dassey is about to walk out of prison. :anyone:

As to the gentleman killed by an overzealous cop in Tulsa when she freaked out bc the big bad drugged up black man didn't do as she asked?
High as a kite or not, even if he had pulled out a crack pipe and smoked it while standing on the roof of his vehicle, he shouldn't have been shot and killed like an animal. That's a human being. A US citizen.

Seems pretty apparent to me that she simply freaked out - panicked when the other officer tazed the man. I don't believe for a minute that she meant to kill him, I just think she freaked out due to being overwhelmed in the situation. Problem is, her freak out/panicked state led to a man being killed. I know some will argue that it wasn't her actions but his that could have prevented his death, and thus he's responsible for his fate. I listen and comply with an officer 100% of the time, and would encourage all to do so.

But lets for the sake of argument change this up a bit. Let's pretend the situation is just as it was except the mans mental state was due to some sort of reaction brought on by prescribed medication combined with low blood sugar, or some underlying health issue, some sort of brain trauma, or mental illness that accounted for his actions in that moment. Would you still argue that his failure to comply should lead to his death? It's not about looking at someone and passing judgement by saying, "Well if he wouldn't have been doing _____then he'd still be alive." It's about holding Police officers to a higher standard. Lethal force need not be the first 2nd or 3rd tool in the bag unless you find yourself in a situation where you or someone else finds themselves in immediate danger. Theres no reason for that man not to have been taken to jail that day and for that officer to still be on the job today. It did not have to happen like it did just because he used drugs. There are very few acts that we as Americans can commit, where the punishment upon being found guilty of those crimes = death penalty. Drug use certainly isn't one of them.

But for the grace of God go I.

I had a family member get carjacked, pistol-whipped, and thrown from a moving car. A passing motorist pulled over to offer assistance. My cousin threatened him and told him something about the aliens were going to eat him and he'd rip his organs out. The passerby sped off and called 911. The first highway patrolman on scene pulled up to my cousin who refused to stop walking/stumbling away all the while yelling nonsensical craziness. The officer called for backup but didn't crowd him. They blocked off the highway (I-95) and by remaining calm, remembering that even though they thought he was high on pcp or something similar - his life still had value, were able to get my cousin to the ground and eventually get him the medical attention he needed. He has since made a full recovery and has resumed his roles as loving father, husband, 8th grade history teacher, and deacon.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom