Tulsa PD shoots unarmed black man

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does the lab you don't trust also not trust themselves? Do they then pay another lab to independently verify your blood work? Do you then trust that them selecting and paying the 2nd lab didn't influence the results?

I agree that IF the plaintiffs dispute the results, they should be allowed to select AND pay for their own testing. If those results are different, then further investigation would be warranted. Something tells me the deceased's family is saying the results are irrelevant, because they know independent testing would likely confirm the ME's results and be a waste of money. Just because he was loved by his family, doesn't mean he was all the wonderful things they spoon fed the media. :(

My point is that 3rd party lab work is not cost prohibitive, but to your point, my company must test DOT licensed operators, we do not collect samples for testing or perform the tests ourselves, we also do not require the employee to perform the testing, we use a 3rd party lab.

The people absolutely should not trust government labs.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a family member get carjacked, pistol-whipped, and thrown from a moving car. A passing motorist pulled over to offer assistance. My cousin threatened him and told him something about the aliens were going to eat him and he'd rip his organs out. The passerby sped off and called 911. The first highway patrolman on scene pulled up to my cousin who refused to stop walking/stumbling away all the while yelling nonsensical craziness. The officer called for backup but didn't crowd him. They blocked off the highway (I-95) and by remaining calm, remembering that even though they thought he was high on pcp or something similar - his life still had value, were able to get my cousin to the ground and eventually get him the medical attention he needed. He has since made a full recovery and has resumed his roles as loving father, husband, 8th grade history teacher, and deacon.

Your attempt to establish an equivalence is noted as valiant yet it remains insufficient.

First off, your cousin had obvious injuries that the cops could see and your claim they thought he was on PCP is unsupported. The injuries would lead them to open other possibilities and take other actions that you note to ensure his safety. In the Tulsa case, there were no injuries obvious and the officer had prior training on recognition of individuals under the influence of powerful chemical enhancement and now there is independent evidence to that fact. Additionally, the officers at your cousin's incident were able to operate and observe mostly from their vehicles. In Tulsa, the officer had already left her vehicle to investigate the abandoned vehicle and encountered Crutcher returning in his drugged stupor that was described by witnesses who saw him abandon the vehicle, yelling "it's gonna blow!" A single officer, no matter sex or size, will be at a decided disadvantage if the PCP-enhanced individual decides to get physical with the officer. Her training led her to conclude she was in imminent physical danger and had her firearm at the ready while attempting to control the individual while requested back-up was en-route. All of this is in line with TPD policy and procedure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom