Who Remembers Gusty?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangeHound

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow am I feeling old. My wife surprised me for my birthday by framing my Gusty drawing done by Don Woods (KTUL Weatherman). She told me she took it in to have it framed and no one had any idea what the drawing was or who Gusty was. Gee growing up getting a Gusty print from Don Woods and having your named announced on the air was a really big deal.

This morning my daughter walks in, looks at the drawing and says what is this?

So how many of you remember Don Woods and his Gusty Pal?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a mannequin of Gusty at the KTUL Channel 8 booth at the Tulsa Fair. At least, I think that's what I had my picture taken with - I was too busy ogling Kim Jackson walking past in a sleeveless shirt and a tight pair of jeans. She's well-toned, and much taller than she looks on TV!

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember Gusty...someone in my family has one. The big thing when I was a kid was "Creature Feature" with Sherman Oaks and Steve Pickle. I still remember them talking about the "Junebug Festival" in Junebug Oklahoma while Steve Pickle munched a sandwich full of live junebugs! So grosss!!! LOL. It was several years later that I learned "Jeanne Summers" (very popular KMOD personality) who did guest spots on Creature Feature 'grew up' to be Jeanne Tripplehorn (Actress - Water World with Kevin Costner). I read that Gary Busey also got his start in that little group.

Ah...those were the days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom