Reciever Hitch Deer Hoist. Who has built one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to one of those traveling tool shows, and bought a hydraulic hoist for $100. Its designed to bolt down in the back of a pickup and load cargo. It swivels and rated at 1000lbs. I just welded a piece of 2" square tubing to the base, and slide it into the hitch receiver. Works really good.
I'll have to get a pic of it to post on here. Its at the farm 45 miles away.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sounds like a good idea also. I have a truck bed extender for my canoe that i may try to use. Im headed out to black kettle for gun season and i was trying to think of a way to easily quarter any deer i harvest so i can get them into ice chests. I dont remember anywhere in cheyenne that had one to use and the trees out there can be very sparce in some areas. I figure this year i may just take the block and tackle and hope for a suitable tree. I doubt ill find the time before the 19th

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sounds like a good idea also. I have a truck bed extender for my canoe that i may try to use. Im headed out to black kettle for gun season and i was trying to think of a way to easily quarter any deer i harvest so i can get them into ice chests. I dont remember anywhere in cheyenne that had one to use and the trees out there can be very sparce in some areas. I figure this year i may just take the block and tackle and hope for a suitable tree. I doubt ill find the time before the 19th

I'll make a point of getting a pic to post. I had to come up with something as I threw out my back dragging a nice buck into the back of the pickup the year before. Its bothered me ever since and don't take chances any more.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be sure to build some good gusseting in the corners. Most deer aren't that heavy but if you plan on using it for skinning, the weight being pulled down can easily double the force being pulled.

Latest posts

Top Bottom