Reciever Hitch Deer Hoist. Who has built one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my $.02

THe swivel woudl be nice but add to the cost and make the fabbing a bit more tricky but would be nice if done right.

It has been a bit since I've seen one but be sure to bake the part that slides into your female reciever hitch long enough so that your trucks tailgate can be lowered in the down position while your deer is strung up. Will make loading so much easier. An inexpensive boad trailer hand winch is all that is needed. Remember, unless you are GOOD with metal fabbing, the more options you build into your hoist (swivels, ability to break it down, etc) the more it will be wobbly and loose. I'd forget the breakdown feature to make it smaller but concentrate on the swivel part.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
finally got the farm today to get a pic of my deer loader. It does swivel 360 degrees.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v237_dennishoddy1_Photo0129.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v237_dennishoddy1_Photo0128.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow,...you got that for $100 bucks..? That wouldn't buy the materials and time I spent into making my regular winch style one.

Good Job..!

The only thing that had to be added was the 2" to plug into the receiver. I looked at building my own as well. As you said, when looking into the steel, time and winch, it was gonna cost $100 anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom