How much are these Remington 12gauge hulls worth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vnamvet6869

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How much are these hulls worth each? Fired once

Remington premier nitro sporting clays/12gauage/2.75/8 Shot

I've got some so just wondering. Is it worth reloading, do you really save some money? Or should I just shoot the Wally mart multi purpose 100pk an forget about reloading?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
New hulls are hard to load since they have never been crimped before unless your loading slugs.
Used hulls are pretty worthless. Tried selling them for 2 cents a piece, got no interest. We haul thousands a week to the dump.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those hulls are worth around .06 each. With 12 gauge you really don't save much over shooting the value pack stuff. 28 gauge and .410 bore you can cut your cost by 1/2 or 3/4 if you buy components in bulk. Remington STS and Winchester AA are the best for reloading. I like the STS best for 12and 20 gauge. I've loaded 20 gauge STS hulls 10 to 15 times.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I load 410, 20, 16 and 12 ga. The 410 and 16 ga, I load everything I shoot in those gauges. With the 20 and 12, for standard field loads I can buy the wally world 100 pack as cheaply as I can load it. Where I save money is in loading specialty rounds like slugs and buckshot. I cast 3 sizes of buckshot, and a couple different slugs. Last shot I bought was close to $50.00 for a 50 lb bag. When you add up the cost of the shot, wad, primer and powder, even with you already having the fired cases, you don' save much.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New hulls are hard to load since they have never been crimped before unless your loading slugs.
Used hulls are pretty worthless. Tried selling them for 2 cents a piece, got no interest. We haul thousands a week to the dump.

What kind od hulls are you hauling to the dump? If there worth reloading, I'll pay 2 cents apiece for once fired hulls....

Latest posts

Top Bottom