Stihl grass / leaf blower ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Echo is great stuff. My straight shaft weedeater is just as good now as it was 9 years ago. Not sure if it is professional or not but it was one of the most expensive ones at Home Depot at the time.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have Echo weedeater, blower and edger. Wouldn't trade for brand new Stihl. I've been down that route. To each his own.

Coz

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies......I think I'll just go ahead and pick up another Stihl BG-55.

I could have already picked one up yesterday from Atwoods in Norman or Ace Hardware on south Western but I wanted to read the replies first.

I'll make the short drive and go to Dave's Small Engine Repair in Noble tomorrow where I bought my new Stihl weedeater last summer.

They are a mom and pop authorized Stihl dealer and have been in business for many years.....good folks to deal with and it keeps the money local.

BillMac

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wish I had had all the good luck that you folks have had. I have a FS55 weedeater and if it doesn't stay running on the first pull, I know that I am not going to use it that day or weekend because it won't start after that. I have replaced the plug several times. When I bought it at P&K John Deere in Norman a few years back I took it back to them complaining about how hard it was to start and they never educated me, just said that you can push the prime button all day and it won't make any difference. Any pointers before I switch to another brand that you wouldn't recommend?
My Craftsman leaf blower starts on the first couple pulls every time, except last night of course, when I didn't think it was going to start but finally did.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dad has a stihl steel case chainsaw that is at least 30 years old, and it will cut anything down and is so burly it is used to cut loose others that are jammed in the tree. Beast bastage. Guy couldn't get it to run and said Dad could have it. In no time course it was running and my teenage but on the end of it. It is probably closer to 50 years old as I was 14 or so at the time and am 48 now. Stihl is what I buy, edger, blower so far, didn't have the jack when the last weedeater blew and bought another weedeater brand, what a waste. It works but if it went two seasons I would be shocked. $199-220 gets a good stihl that won't likely every be replaced, however our guys I see at work use a husky, but most likely cause we buy a lot from Lowes. the pro lawn crews use stihl

Latest posts

Top Bottom