Fold down work bench for reloading

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody have a fold down work table for reloading? I was thinking about building one for reloading because my main work bench always has car stuff on it.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used a black and decker workmate for about 5 years. I worked well for what I needed. I cut a piece of plywood to mount the press on. It was pretty handy

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know how you feel. I had no spare room in garage so I turned a weight bench into a reloading bench.
Later turned a short steel roll around file cabinet into a reloading bench.. and it is what I use today and weigh powder on an old dresser which has supplies in it.

I even took oak plywood and cut a square hole into it and slipped it onto my receiver hitch and fastened some 2x4's to it to make a portable loading bench to mount my press on, so I could load in the field with a press.

You could get some door hinges and make a fold down plywood flap and attach this to your garage work bench. Some 4x4 legs that have a pocket to sit in and run a screw down into them.

Many ways to do it.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
That should be plenty sturdy. Unless you have a jam in the loader, then you'll have to hold the bench down to pull the lever up. You could put those locking arms like on folding ladders, so it won't fold back up until you want it to.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I would drill a hole to slide a pin into to lock the legs. That way you could fold out the legs, lock in place, and then release from the wall and lower to the ground.I think it would be safer that way.
You could get a couple of the hydraulic shocks(like on a hatchback car) t0 to help you lower it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom