Know What The $%^% is Down Range!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since the shooter knows he shot another person's home, the fact that he hasn't come by and apologized or offered to make amends says something about the person.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the point has been made, your insurance company has given you the bad news and the law has been involved. There is such a thing as letting well enough alone.

You're not gonna get satisfaction. Assuming you have a $500 deductible, that won't be breached by replacing two bricks. His insurance, IF he has homeowners insurance, may be a hard sell, in itself. His actual liability is unprovable in any way other than a jury trial.

It was a bad deal which could have been much worse. I'd let it go, with the proviso that if it happened again, I'd go in with both feet.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the point has been made, your insurance company has given you the bad news and the law has been involved. There is such a thing as letting well enough alone.

You're not gonna get satisfaction. Assuming you have a $500 deductible, that won't be breached by replacing two bricks. His insurance, IF he has homeowners insurance, may be a hard sell, in itself. His actual liability is unprovable in any way other than a jury trial.

It was a bad deal which could have been much worse. I'd let it go, with the proviso that if it happened again, I'd go in with both feet.

He ought to PM JB, that's about the only thing left that I would reccomend.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As he specialized elsewhere, I didn't want to bother him over it. I am just going to have to suck it up this go around.

I just hope there isn't a next time...

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As he specialized elsewhere, I didn't want to bother him over it. I am just going to have to suck it up this go around.

I just hope there isn't a next time...

It wouldn't be a bother. JB would know other attorneys on a 1st name basis who would be glad to come to your assistance. You've done all that you can at your level. The shooter may never do it again, but he never apologized. That's the scary part.

Edit: If he had apologized after LE paid him a visit, I would have shaken his hand and let it go. But this dude didn't say he was sorry. Worrisome.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd think he has grounds to sue now with the obvious damage to the home, and the police report that says it came from his property. He even admitted fault. A law suit would bring out the fallacy of the one named perp.

I'm going to say it since nobody else has......its real obvious that the lack of willingness to investigate this might point to the shooter being a relative or something of a person in the Department. Maybe not, but something stinks in the summary dismissal of charges. A good attorney that is licensed in your county, yet lives in another might be in order.

Actually, I did say that. All of it. 😃

Latest posts

Top Bottom