Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Will be attending the antlerless, muzzleloader hunt at deep fork nwr next weekend (I plan on just taking my compound bow). Anyone been on this hunt and willing to share some advice?

I don't have any advice but I bet you see the biggest buck of your life while there. Any time all I have is doe tag I see a monster buck. I have been trying to figure how to make the bucks I hunt think all I have is a doe tag. good luck to you next weekend

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have any advice but I bet you see the biggest buck of your life while there. Any time all I have is doe tag I see a monster buck. I have been trying to figure how to make the bucks I hunt think all I have is a doe tag. good luck to you next weekend

Haha, I plan to just close my eyes in that scenario. Thanks!

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was sitting in my stand last night,not expecting a buck to come out because it was just does and fawns for an hour, taking pics of does and fawns coming in and happened to capture a pic of him coming in. He was considered one of our cull bucks because of his age, he won't score very well but he will look good on the wall. I didn't weigh him but judging hs size compared to me, I bet he weighed 275 or better.
Does anyone know how you can get a deer aged by a professional, I would really like to know how old he is.

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom