Favorite Lower parts kits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just looking for some feed back... I've used Spikes Enhanced lpk. Cmmg, palmetto and a few other lpk' for builds... What's your favorite? Especially looking for why and ones not listed

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I buy the LPK without trigger assembly.
I have JP triggers in all of my built lowers. I'm wanting to try one of the drop in units in the next build. Been hearing a lot of praise for the AR Gold triggers from some of my fellow competition shooters.

Be tough to beat the JP that I can tune, but always up for trying something new.

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
May have to go that route. I recently upgraded one of mine to a Geissele SD3 flat face , I love it. I haven't tried any JP triggers

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a dark sky trigger in one of my AR. I really like it. I also a couple of the drop in triggers that FBT was selling. They are de branded quality triggers.

As far as lpk, cheapest are just fine when you plan on swapping triggers.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cheap ol DPMS parts kit with the junkyard genius trigger job. Mil spec trigger breaks right above 3# with no creep at all.

Have a couple of those, a Rock River 2-stage I'm pretty fond of, couple of Andersons that are actually pretty decent if you don't mind the look of the stainless trigger. Have tried the JP springs kit on one or two but not really comfortable with it for reliability with milsurp ammo, okay with commercial .223 and such.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CMMG - the units that i've used have had the best "stock'' triggers to date. Maybe i got a freak batch, but very nice and better than the ALG combat trigger kit.......just my opinion.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/14180/category/388/

More of a lower build kit but I have used it a couple times now and the grip to me is perfect. As far as the rest of the parts it's all the same to me. The kit above is often available for 90.00 and is usually out of stock, when it comes back into stock it's only that way for a day or two so you have to be able to jump on it.

I did the 5c junkyard trigger mod on my personal one with the above and it has worked flawlessly.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Wolf, have you tried the QMS trigger? I would counter that the QMS is better than the CMMG trigger I tried. However, the CMMG was the best budget lpk trigger I've ever used.

For the money, I still haven't found a better setup than the QMS ($45) with JP springs ($12) and the grip screw over travel adjuster ($15) (I got mine from JoeBob's). $72 total.

I did get a chance to try out one of the fat boy tactical red drop in triggers when I was at their shop the other day. Unfortunately they don't have any in stock currently. I think they were around $130 or so. I want to get one of them. It was better than my setup. Noticeably.

Latest posts

Top Bottom