Living out in the country

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Progun223

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And that's all I have to say about that.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455110237.226042.jpg

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Had a porcupine climb the back porch and paw at the back door(which is glass thank The Lord) which sounded like it was him knocking. I left that door closed because the dogs would've lost that round. Not that they believed me.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a biggin living in one of my chicken coops. It takes some feed and has a pretty big nest. This fall he stockpiled persimmons.

For some reason, I just dont have the heart to kill it. Or maybe the desire. It doesnt seem to be bothering anything. I get plenty of eggs, so I dont even think its taking any. Maybe this summer he will fend off some of the black snakes that like to eat the eggs, or maybe he will become dinner to one of the larger snakes.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HA!!
Funny little mice. I got in trouble when I was younger for bringing field "pets" into the house.
Buddy opened his feed corn can to find a fat mouse laying on his back with a belly so huge he could not roll over..The mouse had a piece of corn in his hands and was nibbling on it.
He stayed on his back nibbling while my buddy stared at him..he said it was like a catroon,, just too funny.. he took the fatty and let it go outside.. said just too cute and could not bring himself to kill it.

that one in the trap is getting big for inside the house.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Living in the country means standing out front and whizzing whenever you please........as far as the rodents, our two mousers take care of them I guess we never see any.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep the wax rat blocks inside the tomcat mouse houses so the dogs can't get to the poison. We rarely see any mice. The only time we have seen a rat is when I had my old Bronco parked out by the barn, and one got on top of the engine and made a nest out of the insulation under the hood. They like to chew wiring too.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My lil Boston terror is only 38lbs wet but he comes up with some bigazz rats from a nearby wood pile. He also gets other stuff going thru the yard most cats won't mess with like moles, black birds, and squirrels. My 2nd Boston and this one is a natural small varmint hunter.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

Latest posts

Top Bottom