Should some Oklahomans be exempt from the state's income tax?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
And, as for growing up, perhaps you should do a bit as well.
Terry, I'm grown. I take responsibility for my own life and my own actions. I'm tired of hearing people complain that things aren't fair and they cant get their way. It's the way of the world. Life isn't always fair, but we make the best we can with what we've got to work with. And you['re right. I don't really understand how things were back then. I had both parents and never realized we were poor until we weren't. My dad taught me to bust your ass to get ahead. Work for what you want. And I get disillusioned by these kids who think they can come into a new job and get managerial pay for burger flipper work. Everyone wants a hand out not a hand up.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
See, even your argument is so weak you have to revert to name calling. But you have proven my point, there were options.

But you still didn't answer the question.

Would you have gone to prison?
Would you have become an expatriate?
Would you have enlisted and tried to avoid Nam?

Aarond

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The French returned to Indochina as soon as the Japanese vacated in 1945. The French were there, known as Indochina, until they were defeated at Diem Phu. We got involved because the French left. On a side note Ho Chi Minh came to the US after the Japan surrendered to see if President Truman could help with keeping the French from reoccupying Indochina. Unfortunately the democrat president was worried about offending the French and wouldn’t give H Chi Minh an audience. What could have been different if Truman would had intervened? What we know is Ho Chi Minh and his forces fought the French, then the Japanese, then the French and then eventually the US. Vietnam was finally unified as one country but at the cost that took decades to get to. Not to mention Vietnam has had other wars with Cambodia and China after we left in 1975.
Ho chi Minh was also at the peace accords in Versaille after WW1. He tried to get the allied powers to help Vietnam then, but no one listened. When Communist China responded many years later, the help was welcomed. Talk about missed opportunity.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
See, even your argument is so weak you have to revert to name calling. But you have proven my point, there were options.

You are correct in that I shouldn't have reverted to name calling,,,
It never helps to win an argument by doing that,,,
But I don't apologize.

And you are correct that "there were options",,,
But two of them were very bad options.

The type of options that would negatively affect the rest of your life.

And you never answered my question,,,
Which of the three would you have chosen?

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom