Should some Oklahomans be exempt from the state's income tax?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Vietnam was 70-80 years ago. They had options other than the draft. Hell, one that choose otherwise even became President. Again, nobody owes them anything. As far as generational stuff, go be a boomer somewhere else. Not a millennial here for sure. Just a Gen Xer tired of you old people blaming every one of your bad choices on someone else.
Are you drunk posting? Earliest we were in Vietnam was the early 1960’s, with advisers and that was Kennedy’s admin. After Kennedy was assassinated, Johnson became president and ended up sending troops to Vietnam in large numbers to help assist the south Vietnamese, which ended up being a joke, as we was doing most of the fighting. Johnson also enacted other programs, such as the project housing and providing money for the lower class enabling people to rely heavily on the government for support ( how do you think they voted).

How old do you think out Vietnam veterans are. How old do you think Dennis, Terry others would be, 120 plus? The Vietnam war really started seriously with our involvement in 1965, through the fall of Saigon in 1975. You must have had some bad info, teacher, or wiki lead you wrong.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If beautiful mulberry and pbramble would mind letting us know how old you are it would be appreciated. I’m really curious. I’m afraid all I’ll get are snarky, sarcastic comments….but I thought I’d ask anyway. Thanks.
35. Grew up extremely poor. Found my mom dead with a needle in her arm, dad was never there. I fought my whole life to get where I am. I believe there is NO excuses. Where there is pray, there is a way. Anyone can achieve anything they want in life if they believe they can. I don’t want or need sympathy. I have a lot to say to anyone who is willing to listen. Iv been through a lot. I speak to youth ALOT. I connect with a lot of ppl through pain or trials and troubles. I do it because I want to help ppl and vowed when I was young if I could make it to grow old I would help as many ppl as I could.
Anyways life is beyond good. Life is what you make it!

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nam started in 55.
The French returned to Indochina as soon as the Japanese vacated in 1945. The French were there, known as Indochina, until they were defeated at Diem Phu. We got involved because the French left. On a side note Ho Chi Minh came to the US after the Japan surrendered to see if President Truman could help with keeping the French from reoccupying Indochina. Unfortunately the democrat president was worried about offending the French and wouldn’t give H Chi Minh an audience. What could have been different if Truman would had intervened? What we know is Ho Chi Minh and his forces fought the French, then the Japanese, then the French and then eventually the US. Vietnam was finally unified as one country but at the cost that took decades to get to. Not to mention Vietnam has had other wars with Cambodia and China after we left in 1975.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm 50ish. From the long lost land or responsibility, latch key kids and play outside til the street lights come on. Well, we didn't have any street lights where I lived, so be home by dark.
Me too, I can’t understand what you’re saying. Most of the men I looked up to as a kid had time in WWI (very few), WW II, Korea, and a lot of Vietnam veterans. Sadly to say we are losing so many veterans everyday from all of them. I thank God I got to know them, their stories, and learn about life.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. Yes I do plan to run for local then state representative. I’m currently working with the higher ups as my mentors, R-V/chair and others atm.
As far as what I do I just made a post a page or 2 back outlining some of what I do. I’m pro constitution, I support all human rights. It’s someone’s right to be wrong, doesn’t mean I have to agree or as long as it’s not forced down society’s throat.
I’m glad younger people still want to get involved for our way of life.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m glad younger people still want to get involved for our way of life.
Just trying make a difference. I have found out in my short life a really big problem, NO ONE wants to take responsibility or accountability. We have our own home to care for, then our community then our country. Problem is most stop at caring no at home level. As an American our job is to be involved in politics to ensure we do not loose what we have in our country. Iv heard those who hate or do not want to be in politics are the ones that should be. The pay, bonus, or incentives should be highly regulated.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
35. Grew up extremely poor. Found my mom dead with a needle in her arm, dad was never there. I fought my whole life to get where I am. I believe there is NO excuses. Where there is pray, there is a way. Anyone can achieve anything they want in life if they believe they can. I don’t want or need sympathy. I have a lot to say to anyone who is willing to listen. Iv been through a lot. I speak to youth ALOT. I connect with a lot of ppl through pain or trials and troubles. I do it because I want to help ppl and vowed when I was young if I could make it to grow old I would help as many ppl as I could.
Anyways life is beyond good. Life is what you make it!
Sounds like you’re a man with a plan. God on you. Just remember to talk to everyone with respect be it they are from nothing to a CEO. Just like we way to be talked to with respect.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay. Let's break this one down. I said no one made them sign up. Again, every draftee had options. Service, jail or leave the country. I mean you had three options. Hell. some of you seem like you'd have enjoyed jail better. Three meals, a place to sleep and no one shooting at you. That's the bad choices you all made. Then you complain about slow .gov services for your service related injuries and booboos. But muh VA bennyfits! Dear God, none of you should have personal responsibility for your own healthcare. This is the blaming others for your problems. You talk about being in a war and "I'm a man", then grow up and start acting like one. And you're right Vietnam was not 70 years ago. It was 68, sorry for the rounding.

You should stop because you continue to demonstrate your ignorance of how things really were. As was mentioned elsewhere, the poor didn't really have options. They couldn't afford to move to Canada, nor would they want to be in jail.

As for veterans getting benefits, many of us didn't have service related injuries, and if many are like me, we can't qualify for VA health benefits. In our case, it is because the wife and I have been responsible and because we make too much money (even in retirement), I'm not eligible for anything but a VA benefit on buying a house. And to be truthful with you, I've seen many a veteran in far worse shape than me that needs VA health care far more than I do, and I'm glad they are getting it.

As for health care, my Medicare is taken from my Social Security benefits, and because I want better health advantages, we also pay out of pocket for a Medicare Supplement.

And, as for growing up, perhaps you should do a bit as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom