“Do You Want Your Receipt?”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, it's a pragmatic question. A lot of people don't want it, but a few do so they don't know if they don't ask. Quick Trip is where I most often get that question, but they also usually say "Thanks", or "come back", or "See you soon", etc.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The "do you want a receipt?" is to save money on paper and having somebody sweep the parking lot.
Those store registers you push a button to get one.
You can tell those who have changed jobs because they ask the question,
but the register spits it out anyways.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well yes if your paying for gas at the QT.

I reported fraud at the QT in Claremore after seeing my $175 dollar charge for 7 gallons of gas (31.50).

Screw that, it took days to get the correct charge. Kum in Go from now on, now what’s the justification?

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always take a receipt. I can often tax-deduct it, but also these kids running the register now will happily charge up their lunch and let you cover the bill, or scan your card in a palm scanner instead of the register, then null out the sale. You think you didn't get charged at Mc donalds so you're happy, then 60 days later you're charged for a new bike helmet in New Jersey (actually happened).
Receipts don't stop all fraud but they do help you keep people accountable.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ALWAYS ask that. Wanna ask me how many people say "yes" and then walk off with it still right there on the machine even though they watched it print out?? 😂

And I always say "See ya next time" or "Come see us again" or some other such drivel ... UNLESS you throw an Almond Joy at me and then I just look at you while you gather your **** up (without my help I might add) and bumble your way to the door ... 😇

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have always wanted the receipt, partly because I spent so much time traveling on expense account, it became a habit, and I have found a few mistakes over the years. I just hadn’t thought about people throwing them down in the parking lot.

One thing I have noticed though, I seldom encounter an employee that isn’t pleasant. Not everything in life has taken a turn for the worse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom