“Do You Want Your Receipt?”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No receipts for us. Wife checks the CC account every evening.
No receipts, too much evidence. I'd be in way too much trouble if she looked at my bank and CC account every night. I ended up with a lot of 1911's and sigs because she couldn't tell I had more than one of each :D

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ALWAYS ask that. Wanna ask me how many people say "yes" and then walk off with it still right there on the machine even though they watched it print out?? 😂

And I always say "See ya next time" or "Come see us again" or some other such drivel ... UNLESS you throw an Almond Joy at me and then I just look at you while you gather your **** up (without my help I might add) and bumble your way to the door ... 😇
Gotta say, that kind of makes me want to find out where you work so I can toss a Baby Ruth your way.

Then again, that would violate my beliefs as a devout coward, so you’re probably safe.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it's a pragmatic question. A lot of people don't want it, but a few do so they don't know if they don't ask. Quick Trip is where I most often get that question, but they also usually say "Thanks", or "come back", or "See you soon", etc.

I'm convinced that the QT nearest to my house has a "last word" policy. No matter what you say, they must counter it.

QT Employee: "Have a great day!"
Me: "Thanks, same to you."
QT Employee: "See you next time."

It doesn't matter how many times you respond, they must get the last word. I noticed it several years ago and it has held true every visit since.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't work for me. The Mrs can't tell the difference betwixt an 03A3 and a Finn M39, but she can most certainly count.

I'm the Minister of Finance around these parts. LONG before I knew what he had bought, sold and traded I could balance the checkbook. Then he taught me about guns. Now he's REALLY screwed. 😉

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always get a receipt. Just in the last month, I was overcharged at Dollar General and Braums. The Dollar General experience made me want to pull my hair out. I paid cash and looked at the receipt. I saw that they charged me for an item twice. I pointed it out before leaving the cashier area. The manager needed my full name, address, and phone number before he would give me the $10 back. I had just paid with cash 30 seconds prior. I gave him phony information and got my $10 back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom