“Do You Want Your Receipt?”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It happened to me onetime and the cc company made good on the charge. Also had a Doctor's office bill me after I paid for the visit and got a receipt. I went in and asked how much I owed and she said $XX and I tossed the receipt at her and never heard another word.

It happened at my dentists office. They said I owed $xxx and I kept my receipt and had the proof. This was about 2 yrs later. Usually I keep track of dr and dentists charges for 1 yr.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kept my rent receipts for 5 years.After living in an apartment in Tulsa for 15 years one day i got a letter that the land lord was kicking me out in 10 days if my rent wasn't paid.They were going to take everything in the apartment and change the locks.I talked to a lawyer and the first thing he asked me was do you have a receipt?I showed him my receipts for several years always paying on the 1st or before.He told me let them take your stuff and change the locks.Then come back here and they will be paying you rent.He made a copy of the receipt and i got a nice reduction in rent for the next year.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I kept my rent receipts for 5 years.After living in an apartment in Tulsa for 15 years one day i got a letter that the land lord was kicking me out in 10 days if my rent wasn't paid.They were going to take everything in the apartment and change the locks.I talked to a lawyer and the first thing he asked me was do you have a receipt?I showed him my receipts for several years always paying on the 1st or before.He told me let them take your stuff and change the locks.Then come back here and they will be paying you rent.He made a copy of the receipt and i got a nice reduction in rent for the next year.
uh oh watch out now you're going to get called poor and stupid by everyone here.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why would you still want to live their after that?

I take a picture of such receipts now, and store them online. Was not an option back in my apartment days.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Why would you still want to live their after that?

I take a picture of such receipts now, and store them online. Was not an option back in my apartment days.
lol again with the "why would you want?" like everyone has the same options.

>how can you be poor, just go to the ATM?!

Latest posts

Top Bottom