This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally I think it’s looking like it has the potential to be better than Yellowstone. Certainly different but it’s definitely got a good bit of drama too and it’s “deeper”.

@dennishoddy i get Paramount+ free with my T-Mobile cell plan. Netflix too. :) At least a years worth anyway. I got a free year of AppleTV with my phone and I saw 1 movie I liked on it. The rest is pure wokeness. Big surprise there. :coffee2:

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the pioneers from germany dont know how to drive a wagon or are familar with horses. How were they getting around in germany bmwI
I think in the first or second episode they talked about using oxen. They had brought the oxen with them from their homeland. Sam Elliot made them trade the oxen for horses, saying the oxen required too much water to make the trip.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I had high hopes for this one. We haven't made it to EP#2 yet and I have a Meh attitude. I'd rather have seen someone else in Tim McGraw's role. Fan of his voice, not his acting skills. He did a good job in the Blind Side, but he wasn't the lead roll.

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. Might not get too see Yellowstone until 2023, so.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lets see its 1883.

They are headed west to Oregon territory. Oregon got statehood in 1859.

That last of the wagon trains headed west in the late 1860's.

A scoped Winchester 1885 Highwall. Well the Malcolm scope was introduced in 1855.

An 1886 Winchester.

A bunch of 1892 Winchesters

Gypsy who don't know how drive horses.

Oh yeah, its a TV show, all good.

Settled_Nomad

"Be Curious, Not Judgmental." -- Ted Lasso
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been struggling with the show as well. I like Western genre, that's the only reason I am continuing. Enough with the narratives though!

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The whole series needs to be taken with a grain of salt, after all it is a MTV production. With that said my wife hated the first 5 minutes with the narration... It reminded her of the western romance story that the author was writing in "Romancing the Stone." Not sure why I have continued to watch, guess I'm just waiting for "Ozark" and "Better Call Saul."

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tim McGraw has always been anti gun. To be honest, that may be why I can't get into his 1883 character. He's a woke ********* with a good voice...about it. Well, that and the fact his talent gives him a platform. It's surprising how many contemporary country music stars are gun control advocates.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The whole series needs to be taken with a grain of salt, after all it is a MTV production. With that said my wife hated the first 5 minutes with the narration... It reminded her of the western romance story that the author was writing in "Romancing the Stone." Not sure why I have continued to watch, guess I'm just waiting for "Ozark" and "Better Call Saul."

1883 is not an MTV production I don’t think. It is a 101 Studios and Bosque Ranch Production. It does show a MTV commercial pretty constantly though as I’ve been watching…

On another note though… oh man, Better Call Saul.. such a good show. I think it’s better than Breaking Bad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom